NorthFox

Open House Invitation

22 minutes ago, SlickRick said:

Damn I didn’t get either of these emails they doing me dirty 

Rip SlickRick 💔

• Like 1

I also received the open house email! hoping this is some sort of a positive indicator. If anyone finds anything else out by calling after receiving this email, please let us know on here!

Just now, AKJ said:

I also received the open house email! hoping this is some sort of a positive indicator. If anyone finds anything else out by calling after receiving this email, please let us know on here!

I left a message today, I will update this thread when I get a response!

• Like 1

Possible that people who have applied in previous years did not receive the email, but those who are new applicant did?

• Like 1

I have also received this email and have also been referred to admissions committee for a few months now. I'm hoping that this is a positive sign. 

• Like 1

At the bottom of Spring Open House email, it is written that you are receiving this email because you signed up to receive information from the University of Windsor. So I think receiving this email means nothing related to the acceptance.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Re "March 2 spring open house email" Im my opinion the invitation didn't look tailored to law students it may have went out to all applicants. I know windsor takes 200 students but to offer shuttles from both London and Ottawa seems more like an undergrad thing. Plus the raffle for free fall tuition is another indicator. 

Just my 2cents. Even though my status just changed to pending review I didn't get excited by this email. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hopefullawapplicant said:

Kind of silly but have you maybe checked the spam folder? 

Sure did amigo.

• Like 1

The March 27th meeting at McCarthys is for admitted students. This was the same date and location it was held last year.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2019 at 12:07 PM, ristiisa said:

The March 27th meeting at McCarthys is for admitted students. This was the same date and location it was held last year.

You're absolutely right! I phoned them and was told that it's for admitted students and was admitted this morning

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danny257 said:

You're absolutely right! I phoned them and was told that it's for admitted students and was admitted this morning

What is the number to contact them? I'm having trouble getting through to anyone.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LuckyCommander said:

What is the number to contact them? I'm having trouble getting through to anyone.

I've usually been emailing them and have had a decent response rate, but it's always a different person! I phoned the person that the invite was from

• Like 2

Did anyone else get another email about the open house -“5 Reasons to attend Uwindsor Spring Open House”? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grizzle said:

Did anyone else get another email about the open house -“5 Reasons to attend Uwindsor Spring Open House”? 

I did. Don't think it means anything. I think it's just a general email to all Windsor applicants who opted in for these emails, just as I believe the last open house email was. 

• Like 1

I received a mailed invitation to the March 2nd Open house, but no email nor an invitation to the Meet and Greet. Anyone have this happen with them?

This might be a dumb question, but based on the thought that they're trying to see which students prefer Windsor over other schools; will our decision to go affect our chances of an admission? Meaning, does the admission committee see who attended? 

7 minutes ago, agray said:

This might be a dumb question, but based on the thought that they're trying to see which students prefer Windsor over other schools; will our decision to go affect our chances of an admission? Meaning, does the admission committee see who attended? 

I'm 99.99% sure it won't affect your chance because your file is used to decide whether or not you're admitted. I also don't think they'll know who goes because it's advertised on their main page which makes me assume it's a generic school-wide open house

http://www.uwindsor.ca/

13 minutes ago, Danny257 said:

I'm 99.99% sure it won't affect your chance because your file is used to decide whether or not you're admitted. I also don't think they'll know who goes because it's advertised on their main page which makes me assume it's a generic school-wide open house

http://www.uwindsor.ca/

But they made us register for the event and told us to bring our ticket with us... meaning they'll be scanning the tickets with our name and stuff on it. But i hope you're right that it won't matter. lol  would suck if I ended up lowering any chance of admission  just because I could't go to their open house.