NorthFox

Open House Invitation

Hi there,

Today I received an invitation to visit UWindsor for an Open House on March 2nd, but I haven't been admitted to the law program yet.

My status in the portal is ''pending review', and my fall grades haven't been updated on the portal yet, but I was still sent this invitation.

Did anyone else that has not been admitted receive this invitation?

I'm confused as to why I would be sent an invitation without having been admitted.

Edited by NorthFox

I think everyone has been invited to the open house. It is just to check out the campus and the faculty and draw interest for the university. It is different from an “admitted students reception”. I remember receiving a lot of these kinds of invites when I was applying to undergrad and grad school. False hope :( haha 

Gotcha, 

Although I haven't received open house invites from other law schools that I haven't been admitted to,

Oh well, lol

Look, I don't mean to get your hopes up. But 1) I didn't get the email and 2) I recall this exact thing happening last year where this email preceded their acceptance email. It may be worth calling them ASAP to find out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NorthFox said:

Hi there,

Today I received an invitation to visit UWindsor for an Open House on March 2nd, but I haven't been admitted to the law program yet.

My status in the portal is ''pending review', and my fall grades haven't been updated on the portal yet, but I was still sent this invitation.

Did anyone else that has not been admitted receive this invitation?

I'm confused as to why I would be sent an invitation without having been admitted.

I was sent a Meet and Greet for March 27 in Toronto at McCarthy Tetrault LLP and have not yet been admitted either

24 minutes ago, SlickRick said:

Look, I don't mean to get your hopes up. But 1) I didn't get the email and 2) I recall this exact thing happening last year where this email preceded their acceptance email. It may be worth calling them ASAP to find out.

3 minutes ago, Danny257 said:

I was sent a Meet and Greet for March 27 in Toronto at McCarthy Tetrault LLP and have not yet been admitted either

Very interesting, 

I called and left a message.

I will update this thread if/when they call back,

Best of luck with your applications @SlickRick @Danny257 !

3 minutes ago, NorthFox said:

Very interesting, 

I called and left a message.

I will update this thread if/when they call back,

Best of luck with your applications @SlickRick @Danny257 !

Good luck, I hope last years experience remains consistent for you.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, SlickRick said:

If this has even a slight chance of being a positive indicator, you have made my whole day. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hopefullawapplicant said:

If this has even a slight chance of being a positive indicator, you have made my whole day. 

I appreciate that, but please err on the side of caution. As I said, it was anecdotal and the more frequently it happens, I am less inclined to believe it to remain. Regardless, I hope it is for you guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SlickRick said:

I appreciate that, but please err on the side of caution. As I said, it was anecdotal and the more frequently it happens, I am less inclined to believe it to remain. Regardless, I hope it is for you guys.

Understandable, it’s just nice being optimistic. Best of luck with your applications as well :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hopefullawapplicant said:

Understandable, it’s just nice being optimistic. Best of luck with your applications as well :)

Absolutely, and thank you.

• Like 1

I'm a little confused now... I never received an open house invitation for March 2nd but received a meet and greet invitation for March 27th. Did anyone also get the meet and greet?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Danny257 said:

I'm a little confused now... I never received an open house invitation for March 2nd but received a meet and greet invitation for March 27th. Did anyone also get the meet and greet?

I got the email for the open house on March 2 but no invite for a meet and greet on March 27th, if that helps, lol.

• Like 1

I have not received either email, and my status has said 'Referred-Admissions Committee' for months now.

I have been accepted to UOttawa though, and their open house is the same day so poor planning on behalf of the law schools....

• Like 1

I've received the email for March 2nd as well, but not the one for the 27th. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LegalQueen96 said:

I have not received either email, and my status has said 'Referred-Admissions Committee' for months now.

I have been accepted to UOttawa though, and their open house is the same day so poor planning on behalf of the law schools....

Bora Laskin's is March 1st, lol.

It may be part of the plan so the students that are serious about the school show up.

Who knows, lol.

1 hour ago, NorthFox said:

Bora Laskin's is March 1st, lol.

It may be part of the plan so the students that are serious about the school show up.

Who knows, lol.

Maaaaaybe, but from my perspective that's losing out on potential 'yes'' because those who are already not as keen to go to your school don't get the opportunity to visit and see what you have to offer so the schools are just putting themselves at a disadvantage to convince those who are not already a yes

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LegalQueen96 said:

Maaaaaybe, but from my perspective that's losing out on potential 'yes'' because those who are already not as keen to go to your school don't get the opportunity to visit and see what you have to offer so the schools are just putting themselves at a disadvantage to convince those who are not already a yes

Very true! Hadn't thought about it like that before.

It may just be that early March is a good time to have prospective students visit law schools, or perhaps that they've already sent out numerous acceptances and want to begin to woo the first or second round applicants,

again, who knows, lol