ElShapo

Accepted 2019 - Windsor Dual JD

erinl2

A reminder that Accepted threads are for posting your stats only and for brief questions related to those state, e.g., asking for L2. These threads are not the place for further discussion , which should be taken to Pm or to a new thread. Off-topic posts will be deleted. Thank you for keeping these threads useful for future applicants.

Message added by erinl2

I had to decline the offer last cycle due to an unexpected situation. I'm applying again this cycle, will it have an impact on my chances of acceptance this cycle? 

Edited by Amrina

8 hours ago, Amrina said:

I had to decline the offer last cycle due to an unexpected situation. I'm applying again this cycle, will it have an impact on my chances of acceptance this cycle? 

I would have suggested accepting the offer then and deferring it for a year, but I believe they will ask why you're applying again when you identify that you have a student number, and I believe there may be the ability to explain. Honestly, I would call the school and talk to Judi or Francine and ask them what they think. 

On 7/25/2019 at 2:40 PM, charlie101 said:

Accepted off the waitlist today! 

LSAT 150

cgpa 3.3

L2 3.7 

I have the exact same stats and I am applying this year to Windsor. Is it rare for people with your stats to get in? How were your EC, PS and References? 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Random Q: My entire file is submitted and under review, is that considered “green circle” or is that another stage?   Sorry if this is off topic. I thought it was okay here. 
    • For those previously on the committee, roughly how many spots would still be open at this point in any given cycle? (I know cycles vary due to various factors).  
    • Giving a firm one month's notice of taking a month off is a horrible idea - even if you have that much vacation time, it would be throwing them something they'd need to compensate for without much time. And, I mean would the person suggesting that just be filling their calendar in that time with appointments they knew they had no intention of keeping, or would their boss just come in one day and ask "sooooo... why is there literally nothing in your diary but just for June?"   If you've decided that you really do need to take a month to have a wedding this summer, that's kindof saying that you don't want new permanent employment this spring. Perhaps you could pick up short-term contracts, or be looking to provide freelance capacity to others in the interim? 
    • It's not statistically different enough to matter between a 3.46 and a 3.52, I'm afraid. But the L2 would be an asset - upward trends are considered. Hi Koramayo, Stories like yours do come by Oz and mitigating factors are considered. Your 3.35 GPA could be offset by the L2 and the experiences you mentioned above. What worries me here is the LSAT score. It can be offset if the committee decides that you would be a valuable addition to the Osgoode community, but it's borderline.  I did recommend acceptances for individuals who have gone through challenging circumstances, but each case is different and it's hard to compare them.  FWIW - I don't think you're out of the running. It'll just depend on the full extent of your application. 
    • I currently use a Surface Pro 3, which has served me well in the past. But before entering 1L next Fall, I hope to get a MacBook Air. Hoping to wait for the 2020 version (based on concerns about the previous versions keyboard, but don’t know how accurate this is), and maybe for their summer/back to school deals.