Dntwtchtht

Salary Chart (spliced)

On 2/6/2019 at 11:47 AM, Dntwtchtht said:

Hey out of curiosity, I am interested in what other people are making out there. can we start a chart that shows (1) starting salary -  (2) current salary - (3) region of practice - (4) area of practice - (5) year of call? 

anonymously, of course. (maybe instead of region of practice, we can put size of city... like rural, small town, mid size city etc. to make it more anonymous... and also instead of year of call, we can put 1st year call/ junior associate/ senior associate/partner?)

i also realize this data would be highly anecdotal and self-selected, but it may be somewhat informative non-the-less

I am not sure how to make a graph/chart thing that other people can add to... or if that is even possible. anyway, let me know what you guys think. 

example: 

starting salary

current salary

region of practice

Area of practice

year of call

I made a google doc and made the first edit.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q0PlAak6NiOfRZDAREY2JmURN_ZjIxXXXHJiUdS67NE/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 4

On 2/8/2019 at 4:33 PM, Dntwtchtht said:

This is a great resource. It's going to very easily get pushed back overtime. If there's a way to pin this towards the homepage of the career services section by the mods that would be great for future new lawyers. 

• Like 3

Hats off to the insurance defence 4th year call making 437k a year...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, setto said:

Hats off to the insurance defence 4th year call making 437k a year...

In Kelowna to boot...

• Like 1

Ah well, that was an experiment. I am going to unpin it. 

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Dntwtchtht said:

yes. some are messing with it, others are putting in job racist descriptions. 

Without being too much of a kiss-ass, this reminds me of the mods' good work here. And it seems like a good time to thank them for doing the presumably thankless job of preventing an anonymous internet forum from degenerating into a venue for racist trolls and spammers. You guys are all excellent. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I will say there's absolutely zero chance a 4th year call in insurance defence is making $437K.

• Like 2

This was really disappointing. This really could have been a great resource.

There will always be some people to ruin it for everyone else. 

If people are still interested, I can lock the edits with a new chart and have people PM me their info, which i will then add to the list. (Or if anyone else has any ideas, i would be glad to incorporate them). 

I just think it is sad that we all cannot have this resource because a few people are terrible. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Dntwtchtht said:

This was really disappointing. This really could have been a great resource.

There will always be some people to ruin it for everyone else. 

If people are still interested, I can lock the edits with a new chart and have people PM me their info, which i will then add to the list. (Or if anyone else has any ideas, i would be glad to incorporate them). 

I just think it is sad that we all cannot have this resource because a few people are terrible. 

Another option could be to make drop-down lists in the cells and make firm permissions for the variables allowed to occupy each cell. You can have the same columns, but just have predetermined answers in the cells that can only be inputted with a drop down, with all other values being "null"

• Like 2