s2019

OLSAS Fall Grades Transcripts

Hi all, 

I have already been accepted to all the laws schools I have applied to. I am in my last semester of my undergrad right now, do I still have to send my transcripts through OLSAS for my fall grades if I have already been accepted?

Yes, your fall grades were due on February 1. Additionally, your final semester grades are due by June 30. This is explained on OLSAS, and should have been explained in each acceptance letter/package that you received, too. 

For example, see here for U of T's instructions, reiterating the requirements for your submission of fall term grades to OLSAS. Additionally, you can view Osgoode's transcript submission requirements here. Or, you may want to consult the requirements outlined directly by OLSAS, which are located right here

I am not certain what, if any, impact there will be as a result of your failure to meet this requirement. But my best advice would be to submit your fall term grades ASAP, followed by your winter term grades by no later than the OLSAS specified deadline (i.e.: June 30). They are both required, irrespective of your offers of admission.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, futurelawyer2023 said:

Yes, your fall grades were due on February 1. Additionally, your final semester grades are due by June 30. This is explained on OLSAS, and should have been explained in each acceptance letter/package that you received, too. 

For example, see here for U of T's instructions, reiterating the requirements for your submission of fall term grades to OLSAS. Additionally, you can view Osgoode's transcript submission requirements here. Or, you may want to consult the requirements outlined directly by OLSAS, which are located right here

I am not certain what, if any, impact there will be as a result of your failure to meet this requirement. But my best advice would be to submit your fall term grades ASAP, followed by your winter term grades by no later than the OLSAS specified deadline (i.e.: June 30). They are both required, irrespective of your offers of admission.

Thanks for sharing that. I had no clue. Wish they'd make this stuff more obvious. 

2 hours ago, BearPatrol said:

Thanks for sharing that. I had no clue. Wish they'd make this stuff more obvious. 

Same, now I'm freaking out lol. I just requested my transcript through OLSAS, really hoping it's all good.

Reasonably speaking, I doubt it’d be a big deal if the info is a bit late. But obviously get it in ASAP and don’t risk it in the first place because it could be used against your application. 

9 hours ago, Ryn said:

Reasonably speaking, I doubt it’d be a big deal if the info is a bit late. But obviously get it in ASAP and don’t risk it in the first place because it could be used against your application. 

If I did not take any courses in Fall 2018, do I still need to request to send an updated version? I was on a co-op term.

1 hour ago, p1230 said:

If I did not take any courses in Fall 2018, do I still need to request to send an updated version? I was on a co-op term.

I would say yes, because they don’t know that and it’s the only way they’d find out. That said, you can always call the schools to confirm. 

I had to submit my grades late since my university takes +1.5 months to issue transcripts. OLSAS says that they'll forward through grades whenever they get them. The deadline issue isn't with them per se, but rather with the schools. I would email the Ontario schools and let them know your transcript might be coming in late! Also, if you're in grad studies and applied to Osgoode, they don't need grad transcripts / your application isn't affected by missing the Feb 1 deadline. 

Update for anyone dealing with the same issue: I sent in my transcripts late, and emailed each school directly letting them know and it was all good!