Sign in to follow this  
Dubailawyers1

What is Tips for Studying Alongside School?

Take a diagnostic test on the weekend, like timed and everything (use an LSAT Proctor, on YouTube + 7sage).

Grab any self-LSAT study book, doesn't really matter which one, but I personally enjoyed The LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim as it also came with a variable schedule.

Go through a chapter per weekend (each chapter is pretty short, cap it at like 1.5hrs max per weekend).

• Like 1

Surprisingly, I was able to make and follow a much better schedule when I studied for the Jan LSAT. I followed the PowerScore study guide and did about 1 or 2 chapters every night.

I find that studying for a summertime LSAT is easier as you have all of May to really crunch down and study for the LSAT full-time. You can gradually build up to that during the semester in a way that doesn't affect your current studies. 

I also think it's a matter of finding a big enough chunk of time on the weekend to work on the LSAT only (5-6 hours), and finding 1-2 hours every weeknight to go over a chapter or practice/review a section. 

On 2/8/2019 at 7:21 AM, Dubailawyers1 said:

Any tips of studying during the school, please help me out this 

If you are in school, I would recommend studying one section at a time. Try LG > LR > RC. 

7Sage foolproofing videos for LG / LSAT Trainer for LR / RC :) 

I used a mix of 7Sage( cheapest option) to teach me the logic behind questions and then the free khan prep to drill. I found it helpful to treat it like a uni class 

treat your preptests as your lecture. At least at my uni classes can be once a week for 3 hours. That’s 1 preptest a week. I always did mine Sunday morning around 9ish expect for two weeks before the test. I started training my body to wake up around 6ish.  

then set aside time each day to study and get ready for “the lecture”. When I was learning content (with 7sage) I found it helpful to treat it like textbook readings and take notes. Near the end when I was strictly drilling (with khan) I treated them like I was studying for my math or accounting classes. 

I hope this helps. It’s hard to find time I always took a full course load while studying for LSAT  and working. Let me know if you want more specifics! 

Good luck you’ve got this 

I only had a couple months overlap when I was studying (for the LSAT in November of 2018). I was at York for my Bachelor of Arts, and I found that the best way to manage it was to try and finish my work (such as readings, small essays, etc) as early as I could (instead of procrastinating like I usually did). This meant having to push myself a little to put some more effort in during the beginning months, when there aren't as many assignments. I was completing stuff that was due around the time of my LSAT (such as research papers and stuff) all the way in September, so I could spend the bulk of my time closer to the test studying. 

I didn't have a full course load because I overloaded in my first and second years (I knew I wanted to go to law school and I knew it was going to be an intense fourth year), so that may have helped me manage all of these different things. 

I would spend either Saturday or Sunday doing a preptest, and make sure you simulate the standards of the real test as best you can. 

Good luck and I hope you do well!

I used a mix of 7 Sage( best option) to teach me the logic behind questions. You need to take out some time and plan it when and what to study during school.  Keep yourself relevant to each discipline. 

Edited by Adeline
adding more words