CeekayVJ

Stats - 169/3.78 cGPA

I haven’t received a call or a mail from any law schools. Is it because I made a mistake in my PS and missed out a “that” in one place. (The sentence has a “that” and the sentence looks very odd without it). Kinda down 😭😭

Where did you apply? We haven't read your personal statement or autobiographical sketch, so couldn't tell you. When did you write the LSAT?

Strange

Did you check your "spam" email folder?

Edited by Luckycharm

This may be a silly question, but did you apply properly? Provide all the required information at the right time and in the right way? Take the LSAT within the required timeframe (I think it’s several years before schools stop accepting scores from certain years)? Complete at least 2 years of university? 

Because your stats are good enough to get you admitted anywhere. So unless you did something very wrong, you should be admitted. 

Also it’s worth noting that if any of your referees said you should be rejected, you likely will be. It’s highly unusual for that to be the case but it’s worth pointing out. 

1 hour ago, Ryn said:

This may be a silly question, but did you apply properly? Provide all the required information at the right time and in the right way? Take the LSAT within the required timeframe (I think it’s several years before schools stop accepting scores from certain years)? Complete at least 2 years of university? 

Because your stats are good enough to get you admitted anywhere. So unless you did something very wrong, you should be admitted. 

Also it’s worth noting that if any of your referees said you should be rejected, you likely will be. It’s highly unusual for that to be the case but it’s worth pointing out. 

OP is an international applicant and only applied to Western and UofT.

Maybe that makes a difference?

20 minutes ago, NeverGiveUp said:

OP is an international applicant and only applied to Western and UofT.

Maybe that makes a difference?

That is different

3.78/4.0 or 3.78/4.33 or 4.5?

3.78 out of 4.0 assessed by WES.

I thought my PS wasn’t too shabby except I made a mistake in one place. 

1 hour ago, Ryn said:

I did all of those things (LSAT - June 2018) although maybe it’s delayed by the fact that WES sent them my evaluated report quite late? But I’ve confirmed with the Universities that my application is complete.

3 hours ago, Deadpool said:

Where did you apply? We haven't read your personal statement or autobiographical sketch, so couldn't tell you. When did you write the LSAT?

UofT and Western. Although I really wanted to apply to Osgoode, I was too late :(.

LSAT June 2018.

Edited by CeekayVJ

2 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

Strange

Did you check your "spam" email folder?

Nothing there :(

Very strange. Maybe call the schools and ask about the status of your application. I had errors in my PS too (worse than yours) and it did not affect me negatively anywhere. 

Edited by Prospero

5 hours ago, CeekayVJ said:

I haven’t received a call or a mail from any law schools. Is it because I made a mistake in my PS and missed out a “that” in one place. (The sentence has a “that” and the sentence looks very odd without it). Kinda down 😭😭

Here is an international applicant who got rejected last year but accepted this year with similar stats as yours:

https://lawstudents.ca/forums/profile/38238-nnnnnnn/

Maybe you can get some idea from there.