MV83

York Apartments

Hello all, I am a mature international incoming 1L. Would be 32 by the time I start. Moving in with my pregnant wife. I would need a 1 or a 2 bedroom apartment. Which apartments would you guys suggest?  I can walk 10-15 mins but would ideally want to stay in a community with other law students (for silence, mainly), with easy access to groceries (I really didn't do much research and sorry for the question if all law students need to travel afar for groceries), and at a place which doesn't need a lot of constant maintenance/repair. Budget is not a constraint - in any case they all appear to be reasonably priced.

Further, at any of these apartments, can we have someone from the family over for a month or two? (one of our parents might come over during the delivery time in winter). Thanks a lot!

4 hours ago, Indlaw said:

Hello all, I am a mature international incoming 1L. Would be 32 by the time I start. Moving in with my pregnant wife. I would need a 1 or a 2 bedroom apartment. Which apartments would you guys suggest?  I can walk 10-15 mins but would ideally want to stay in a community with other law students (for silence, mainly), with easy access to groceries (I really didn't do much research and sorry for the question if all law students need to travel afar for groceries), and at a place which doesn't need a lot of constant maintenance/repair. Budget is not a constraint - in any case they all appear to be reasonably priced.

Further, at any of these apartments, can we have someone from the family over for a month or two? (one of our parents might come over during the delivery time in winter). Thanks a lot!

The Assiniboine Apartments on campus are probably the way to go. They have two-bedroom apartments available (both furnished and non). I live there with my toddler. Very family friendly (they are designated for grad and mature students). Cheaper than anything you'd find off-campus. And a 5min walk to Oz.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, scottbeowulf said:

The Assiniboine Apartments on campus are probably the way to go. They have two-bedroom apartments available (both furnished and non). I live there with my toddler. Very family friendly (they are designated for grad and mature students). Cheaper than anything you'd find off-campus. And a 5min walk to Oz.

Thanks a lot. Is it okay if I pm you?

Guys, any idea when is the earliest one can move in? I was thinking of moving in during the summer ( assuming i pay the deposit, apply for housing and register and end up being allotted).

Hey I am also planning to rent an apartment at the university and would like to share a 2bhk / 1 baked apartment with other students