Sign in to follow this  
Anonymous2310

Apartment hunting (Fall 2019)

Currently living in Ottawa and searching for an apartment and preferably only one roommate for the start of law school in September 2019. If interested, PM me :)

If anybody has suggestions as to where to look for an apartment near the campus, please reply :) 

Walking distance would be nice. Although, I wouldn’t be too bothered with taking the transit if that meant I’d be situated in a nicer neighbourhood! 

Somewhere near a gym and grocery store would definitely be a bonus. 

Thanks!

Edited by Anonymous2310

The McGill ghetto is within walking distance of the faculty (though, uncomfortable in the winter) but I don't recommend it. It's loud, overpriced, and generally geared towards undergraduate students so properties aren't as nicely maintained. Plateau is further, but depending on where you are and your tolerance still walk-able. Definitely accessible by bus or metro (30 or so mins max). 

Aside from that, anywhere on the green line between say, lionel-groulx and berri-uqam is convenient for school. Ditto for the orange line. Could find some nice and convenient spots near Concordia (nicer than the McGill ghetto to be honest) or near Atwater station. Living in a building is convenient in 1L because amenities are as close as they are.

If you can live near a stop of the 144 bus, you'll be golden in terms of transport to school. It's also fairly reliable on timing. 

Awesome! Thank you so much for the help. I think that I’m now more inclined towards an apartment in the plateau. I’ll keep on searching!