Sign in to follow this  
legallyblonde05

Individual Consideration 2019-2020 Cycle

2 hours ago, prairieguy said:

Does anyone know how many applicants were in this category?

I believe it was around 130? Out of the 130 applications they get, they interview 24 applicants for 15 spots. Out of those 15 spots, a maximum of 7 applicants can be from out of province.

• Thanks 1

I plan to apply this September for next year under the individual discretionary category. I am writing my Lsat June 3. Because of family responsibilities I wasn’t able to complete my undergrad I am a 2nd year 27 year old student. Does any one know any one who got in without an undergrad in IC category? 

On 3/30/2019 at 7:05 PM, Nupurjhanjee said:

I plan to apply this September for next year under the individual discretionary category. I am writing my Lsat June 3. Because of family responsibilities I wasn’t able to complete my undergrad I am a 2nd year 27 year old student. Does any one know any one who got in without an undergrad in IC category? 

I will be applying this Sept as IC as well! I am nervous, but I think will get in...early good luck to you! 

So this isn't me, but a friend. She got in IC with just the minimum amount of required credits (30?) with decent grades and LSAT. This was 4 years ago, I was super impressed! 

Edited by foo
typo

All the best to you as well. Thank you for replying.This makes me really happy. I am writing my lsat in June. I am quite nervous  for the application process honestly. Do you have any idea what sort of a work experience did she have? 

30 minutes ago, Nupurjhanjee said:

All the best to you as well. Thank you for replying.This makes me really happy. I am writing my lsat in June. I am quite nervous  for the application process honestly. Do you have any idea what sort of a work experience did she have? 

she had a ton of different things, literally none related to law. she was in her 30s, and just had a badass answer for why she wanted to become a lawyer (single mother, show her son anything is possible, etc etc). Her work experience included being a pastry chef, working for Boeing, ran a daycare at some point. I think they took her because she brought a very unique point of view, and passionately wanted to get into family law to help those through the hell she had to go through (among other things, but that's what she said she thought sealed the deal). Going in through IC means you need to have some sort of story or good reason as to why they should accept you, from what I hear! She also had strong recommendation letters from some professors and professionals she knew through her previous job experience. 

Wow that is awesome. I am hoping they consider me in that case. I have not a similar story yet a similar story. Thanks for answering that. All the best for your application.