UdeMlaw123

Course aux stages 2019

14 minutes ago, ULAVAL123 said:

Indiscret de te demander tes stats? :)

Ça commence à devenir indiscret quand c'est la deuxième fois que vous me le demandez.

27 minutes ago, corporatesellout said:

Ça commence à devenir indiscret quand c'est la deuxième fois que vous me le demandez.

Edited by etudiantedroit

1 hour ago, udemmeow said:

Langlois appelle

Est-ce que c'est possible de connaître tes notes et ton parcours ? Félicitation! :)

FIRM NAME

STATUS (Refusals sent, Calls started)

1. BCF

A appelé le 08/02

2. Bélanger Sauvé

3. Blake Cassels & Graydon

4. Borden Ladner Gervais

5. Clyde & Co 

A appelé le 07/02 et 08/02

6. Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg

A appelé le 07/02 et 08/02

7. De Grandpré Chait

8. Dentons Canada

9. DLA Piper

10. Fasken

A appelé le 08/02

11. Goldwater Dubé

12. Gowling WLG

A envoyé des emails de convocation le 08/02

13. Langlois Avocats

A appelé le 11/02

14. Lapointe Rosenstein

15. Lavery

16. McCarthy Tétrault

17. McMillan 

18. Miller Thomson

A appelé le 11/02, refus par courriel 11/02

19. Monette Barakett 

20. Morency

21. Norton Rose Fulbright 

A appelé le 11/02

22. Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt

A appelé le 11/02

23. Robinson Sheppard Shapiro

A appelé le 08/02

24. Smart & Biggar 

25. Spiegel Sohmer

A appelé le 08/02

26. Stikeman Elliott

27. Woods

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Hi Hegdis, Thanks for the reply. Fortunately, I haven't been approached by any companies with such a proposition. I'm exploring methods towards a prosecution career in Canada that would be most effective time and money wise, while also maintaining a reputable resume. At the time being, it seems like the safest option is to stay in Canada for myself, although I'd have to look for the most cost efficient options. 
    • The answer is very helpful - Thanks a lot!  I know you got into Windsor last year and successfully transferred to Osgoode this year. Congratulations! 
    • My only other comment, which you can take or leave as you like, is that there is a very lucrative business built around convincing high school students that getting a law degree abroad is a great idea. If you find you are getting an aggressive and sparkling sales pitch from some company that “facilitates” or “places” students or whatever, be aware that you are likely dealing with a shill. Go wary. The pamphlets and anecdotes are all very alluring and impressive: just consider the source. Some one is likely trying to profit off of you by convincing you to pay them for a service or “opportunity” that is not going to turn out well for you in the long run. Canadian employers want people educated and trained in Canadian law. If you don’t meet that basic requirement it’s almost always a lot harder for you to find work once your bills are due. 
    • Hey, Thanks for the reply once again. I am indeed in high school, and I don't have an undergraduate degree. I'm in a sort of position  to be admitted for an undergraduate degree in most places, but I'm attempting to find a way to spend as little as possible on university, as I don't want to find myself in a predicament where I've spent 200k or so for 7 years of schooling, only to find a job that doesn't pay well, because of over saturation and whatnot. I'll look into this matter further, but the way I see it as of now, it might be best to look at studying domestically.  Once again, thanks for your input. 
    • I have worked in Canadian criminal law for well over a decade.  You are not going to learn this area of law in the UK. The Charter and the last hundred years of jurisprudence have caused our justice systems to diverge somewhat. Also the rules of evidence differ. Also court customs and decorum. And there’s the Criminal Code. And the CDSA.  Do not go to law school abroad if you want to be a prosecutor. Your first duty to the public is to be competent: without a Canadian legal education you make this a much higher hurdle than it needs to be. Consider getting a Canadian LLB (or are they all JD now? Either way - same degree in terms of substance) and then going abroad for a Masters afterwards.