UdeMlaw123

Course aux stages 2019

2 hours ago, Uqam2612 said:

Quelqu’un a des nouvelles de Blakes ou Osler ? 

Je pense que Blakes appelle lundi 

Courriel de refus de Norton Rose

Quelqu’un a des nouvelles de BLG ou Gowling ? 

• Sad 1

Quelqu'un a reçu des nouvelles du Ministère de la Justice Canada suite à l'entrevue ? 

7 hours ago, UDEMicecream said:

Est-ce que quelqu'un a eu des nouvelles de Cain Montréal?

Non, et on m'avait dit d'ici la fin de la semaine 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, UdeMlaw8 said:

have people heard back from osler? 

Oui. J’ai reçu un appel en début de soirée pour la suite. 

Edited by Uqam2612

10 hours ago, almondmilklatte said:

Des nouvelles de BLG?

Les deuxièmes entrevues ont commencé jeudi. Les invitations au souper final (le 21) seront envoyées en début de semaine. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, lahsud said:

Has Fasken finished calling for 3rd round?

I don't think so since some have second interviews on Monday

19 hours ago, 123mcgill said:

Quelqu'un a reçu des nouvelles du Ministère de la Justice Canada suite à l'entrevue ? 

Les examens d'anglais ont commencé pour certains. J'ai eu la première partie du mien hier. Je sais que, pour d'autres, c'était mercredi.

Si on a pas reçu de courriel d'invitation pour l'exam d'anglais, c'est mort selon toi? 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Some people may tell you, at times, that you should regularly acknowledge your privilege when you have it. I'm not one of them. What you choose to acknowledge, or not, if your business, and people who shove your face in it at inopportune times are assholes.  However, if someone else chooses to acknowledge their privilege, and you are triggered simply by hearing that, then you have become the asshole in the exchange. Big time.  I'm not even going to refute your ignorance. I'll choose another time and place. You don't need to agree with every commonplace fact to function as a lawyer - and yes, the existence and nature of "privilege" if not its absolute contours is a commonly acknowledged fact - but you do need to be able to hear things you don't agree with without completely losing control of your sense of the appropriate. You're responding to an off-hand comment, and objecting simply to hearing someone else offer perspective on their own life. Right, wrong, or otherwise, someone else's perspective on their own life is none of your fucking business - even if they were wrong and you're right. Neither of which are true here, btw.  Grow the fuck up. 
    • You have a deep misunderstanding of how relative advantages factor into where you end up in life.
    • I have a strong suspicion that this comment is going to derail this thread. 😃
    • I don't mean to derail this conversation any more, but "work your ass off" means very different things for those who come from an extremely financially stable background vs. those who don't. It's a lot easier to "get into university, maintain a high GPA, pass the LSAT, get into law school, maintain good grades in law school, kill articling interviews, work yourself to the grindstone during articling, pass the bar" when you don't have to worry about financial burdens.  utmguy is not guilty - he/she is just recognizing that he/she had it better than other people. No need to lambaste someone acknowledging that.
    • I noticed the years have an effect on your gpa calculation in Ryn's calculator as well. My understanding was UBC just takes all your % grades and averages them, (with drops). So here's how I did it: average all my % grades (taking out 4 worst half semester courses). But then if you use Ryn's gpa calculation, it seems like its getting average of the year's averages = meaning if you take 12 courses in 4th year, those 12 will have the same weight as 8 courses taken in 2nd year...  Anyone else seeing the same thing?