UdeMlaw123

Course aux stages 2019

14 minutes ago, ULlaw123 said:

BCF mtl a appelé aussi! Ulaval 

Est-ce que tu peux partager tes stats? Merci et congrats!

7 minutes ago, ULAVAL123 said:

BCF Montréal vient d'appeler Ulaval

Stats? Merci et bravo!

Just now, Uott33 said:

Est-ce que tu peux partager tes stats? Merci et congrats!

3,74 sans bac avant mais avec plusieurs expériences cv 

8 minutes ago, UOCivilLaw said:

BCF a commencé les appels!

Est-ce que tu peux partager tes stats stp? Et bravo !

6 minutes ago, monsieurz said:

Est ce que BCF-Québec a appelé ou uniquement Montréal?

Moi j’ai reçu Montréal donc je sais pas pour Québec! 

3 hours ago, Kingd said:

I did, the receptionist took the msg. I’ll never put my phone away anymore 

Hahaha. They will call back. Nobody has ever been passed on for not answering the phone ;)

The only thing that answering or getting the callback later may affect is how large your choice will be with respect to timing of the interview (if the call was to set an interview).

Edited by he4dhuntr
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, USAINbolts said:

Bon, attention, Droit inc. check les commentaires de ce forum. 

-

omg they rephrase my words .... but hold on! this website is not a 100% trusted source.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Fair. I'm pretty new to the whole LOC situation. I guess the way Scotia advertises their PSLOC makes it seem more appealing to me, and many others.
    • I don't think so unfortunately. 
    • You can easily still do this. You just take out money from the PSLOC, put it into your checking account, then put it back into the PSLOC.  Scotia just saves you the administrative burden. Nothing is different.
    • I don't know who you are, but I'm 99% sure you're talking about me. I  suspect we did our MA together. And I'm seeing you on Sunday. Asshole.  I went to Bond, I have an MA, and BA from Canada, and I worked for my now-employer in a non legal capacity for years. I was gold medalist at Bond.  > best that the gold medalist from Bond could do Flattered. Sort of. I love my role, and it is highly competitive to get in here. I also changed to another employer before coming *back* to my first employer (they approached me).  I beat out more experienced lawyers from Osgoode and U of T for the spot at the other employer (a media and entertainment role. It was great. They just downsized and I saw the writing on the wall).  I also had two job offers on the table when I accepted back at my first employer, both mid 100's in terms of pay. I turned those down. I say this not to brag, but to demonstrate that - practically - once you have your foot in the door your school matters less than your ability to perform. But your school still matters.  Look. There are two issues here: (i) how good is Bond?; and (ii) how good are career prospects in Canada for those that attended Bond?  People conflate the two and it annoys me.  The answers are:   (i) excellent. Bond is practically focused. Thunder Bay has modeled their system after Bond (the Dean of Thunder Bay came from Bond), and they are eligible to forego articling. The reason? Practical focus, and practical experience. I was mooting from week 1, mediation, negotiations, drafting, research memos etc.  The teaching was excellent - the lawyers were all practitioners and were less about ivory tower theory than they were about practical lawyering. But there was both.  I loved that. The lifestyle is great, travelling great. But tuition is insane. I didn't even apply to Canadian schools, so I was in your shoes with wanting a different experience.    (ii) Not as good. The reality is there  is a stigma in the Canadian legal community about NCA students. Some of it is deserved. I went to school with a lot of entitled coasters that came home to a job from mom and dad. It drove me crazy. The NCA process is now harder than before, I was exempt from NCA exams. The point: apply in Canada first. Do not rely on the NCA route. It has a lot of challenges. It may be easier to apply and get in now, but the work to get a good job will be just as hard on the back end. Except by then you're buried in student loans.  PM me if you'd like to talk. 
    • This is true but having the flexibility to not be required to make payments in 1L is appealing to many student likely not working. Learning the demands if law school in 1L is stressful enough without stressing about making a minimum payment on your LOC without any income coming in. That is why I went with Scotia.    This was not the case when I looked into TD which offers 125,000 whereas Scotia offers 135,000 for law students. Just for accuracy's sake.