UdeMlaw123

Course aux stages 2019

27 minutes ago, corporatesellout said:

Ça commence à devenir indiscret quand c'est la deuxième fois que vous me le demandez.

Edited by etudiantedroit

FIRM NAME

STATUS (Refusals sent, Calls started)

1. BCF

A appelé le 08/02

2. Bélanger Sauvé

3. Blake Cassels & Graydon

4. Borden Ladner Gervais

5. Clyde & Co 

A appelé le 07/02 et 08/02

6. Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg

A appelé le 07/02 et 08/02

7. De Grandpré Chait

8. Dentons Canada

9. DLA Piper

10. Fasken

A appelé le 08/02

11. Goldwater Dubé

12. Gowling WLG

A envoyé des emails de convocation le 08/02

13. Langlois Avocats

A appelé le 11/02

14. Lapointe Rosenstein

15. Lavery

16. McCarthy Tétrault

17. McMillan 

18. Miller Thomson

A appelé le 11/02, refus par courriel 11/02

19. Monette Barakett 

20. Morency

21. Norton Rose Fulbright 

A appelé le 11/02

22. Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt

A appelé le 11/02

23. Robinson Sheppard Shapiro

A appelé le 08/02

24. Smart & Biggar 

25. Spiegel Sohmer

A appelé le 08/02

26. Stikeman Elliott

27. Woods

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Posts

• I didn’t convert to or from OLSAS for 4.3; I used my transcript and converted my grades directly to 4.3 using the weighted scale guide on Dal’s website (I only converted the grades from my final 2 years). But yeah that’s what I ended up getting. I think it’s because I have a good number of “A” grades; which increase in weighted value by a decent amount on the 4.3 scale, as opposed to “A-“ or “B+“ grades.
    • That's not true, Professor Krishna's textbook was cited many times by the SCC as a guideline in tax cases, the most prominent tax law professor from Queen's law school - Arthur Cockfield also mentioned that several times in his textbook. BTW, Krishna is still a practitioner at TaxChambers LLP.  And MacGregor who used to be a tax law partner at Osler Ottawa, is now the general counsel at PWC Ottawa.  
    • A caution: everyone wants to do well academically and most people will by definition end up being average (B student-ish.) So don't rely on that alone. If you do well, great, but no one knows how they will do until after exams, which is why it's a good idea to start volunteering and doing extra-curriculars early on so you are not just relying on potential grades. (Plus there are other benefits to that.) 
    • @easttowest I'm sure the Toronto market is fairly representative of other large markets in Canada, so thanks. Exchange would be cool, but like you said - I think 3L is a really important time to secure jobs for after school, so I wouldn't want to be overseas unless something is set in stone.  I have a few follow-up questions regarding that 1L summer. Is it frowned upon to not be pursuing a Bay Street job at all by recruiters? When you say "bay street job" are you referring to something law related, or in banking or something else like that? Sounds like these students would just be going after typical internships that would be available to undergraduate students as well? In the summer 2L recruit what kind of skills are these recruiters looking for in you? I'm sure it's best to develop whatever they may be looking for in your 1L summer?