UdeMlaw123

Course aux stages 2019

Si vous avez des updates sur les appels faits par les cabinets, tenez-nous au courant dans ce forum SVP! Bonne chance à tous and enjoy the process :)

• Like 4

Robic a envoyé en mail en disant qu'ils allaient me contacter plus tard pour une entrevue téléphonique!

Pour les 2e années à leur première course - Bonne chance! Profitez de la course, c'est une occasion en or de pratiquer ses skills de networking et d'interview. Des atouts pratiques pour notre inévitable chômage causé par l'arrivé de l'IA dans le monde juridique :)

<3

1 hour ago, caramelmachiatto said:

Davies just called!

Mind sharing your stats and Uni? Thanks!

2 hours ago, LegallyBrownn said:

Clyde appelle

Mind sharing university and stats? Merci!

Edited by Tusay

Clyde called but I missed the call, they didn’t left any message. Do you think that they will call back?!

9 minutes ago, Kingd said:

Clyde called but I missed the call, they didn’t left any message. Do you think that they will call back?!

I would call them back if I were you. It's better not to take any chances haha.

I did, the receptionist took the msg. I’ll never put my phone away anymore 

20 minutes ago, droitudem123 said:

BCF vient d’appeler

Could you share your stats? Thanks! And congrats!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Posts

• @easttowest I'm sure the Toronto market is fairly representative of other large markets in Canada, so thanks. Exchange would be cool, but like you said - I think 3L is a really important time to secure jobs for after school, so I wouldn't want to be overseas unless something is set in stone.  I have a few follow-up questions regarding that 1L summer. Is it frowned upon to not be pursuing a Bay Street job at all by recruiters? When you say "bay street job" are you referring to something law related, or in banking or something else like that? Sounds like these students would just be going after typical internships that would be available to undergraduate students as well? In the summer 2L recruit what kind of skills are these recruiters looking for in you? I'm sure it's best to develop whatever they may be looking for in your 1L summer?
    • Thank you everyone for replying. Realistic and encouraging.  As providence mentioned I do intend to focus on doing well academically (enough to compensate for my lack of social skills), while not completely shutting myself off from networking opportunities. Now that I think of it, it was sort of ridiculous for me to expect getting by without socializing at all. I would definitely need to be more open-minded in general, and work on things like interviewing skills and getting to know my professors. Law school is a big step/change for me. Might as well acknowledge that and embrace what's to come. As it stands, I am open to all areas of law, especially on the solicitor side for obvious reasons. I am hoping to find an area of interest while at school. Echoing capitalttruth, It is reassuring to hear that there are areas in which people like myself can succeed.  Thank you again!
    • You don't need a tutor. There are enough free resources around for you to figure out what your issues are and for you to correct them.  For some people, a tutor can help. But I've also heard of people spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars on classes/tutors and achieving no improvement.  
    • To my knowledge SCC is done (re: extending interviews), but someone correct me if I'm wrong