capitalttruth

Access Queen's 2019

20 minutes ago, HelloLawSchool said:

Hi!

Have any more access applicants heard back? I'm starting to get a bit anxious. Will there be a mass rejection and waitlist period?

I'm an access applicant and haven't heard anything. I don't see a Rejected thread for Queen's yet so I'm just assuming there'll be a mass rejection wave soon. 

8 minutes ago, YoungGlass said:

I'm an access applicant and haven't heard anything. I don't see a Rejected thread for Queen's yet so I'm just assuming there'll be a mass rejection wave soon. 

Yeah I agree, which sucks, I would have rather just received a rejection when they decided it, not much later on. 

There is a rejection thread here: 

So confused and honestly, I am getting tired of waiting. I just want an answer one way or another so I can move on and rent a place for September.

Posted (edited)

Let's not give up! I believe there will be another wave of acceptances! They surely wouldn't reject all of us access applicants! I'm holding on until the bitter end. 

Edited by penguinh
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, penguinh said:

Let's not give up! I believe there will be another wave of acceptances! They surely wouldn't reject all of us access applicants! I'm holding on until the bitter end. 

My worry is that they already accepted their access applicants and they just aren't on this forum. A majority of applicants aren't. So we may potentially just be waiting for a mass rejection come mid June. 

• Sad 1

@SpaceLawyer When I called two weeks ago, Andrew said the class was "close to full". So, considering people have been accepted since then, I don't think we have a great shot. I saw a few access applicants were accepted in this year's thread; however, if CoffeeandLaw is correct, then we cannot actually tell who is being admitted under access or general. Even if we get on the waitlist, as it is unnumbered, we're in essentially the same position as now. 

1 hour ago, HelloLawSchool said:

@SpaceLawyer When I called two weeks ago, Andrew said the class was "close to full". So, considering people have been accepted since then, I don't think we have a great shot. I saw a few access applicants were accepted in this year's thread; however, if CoffeeandLaw is correct, then we cannot actually tell who is being admitted under access or general. Even if we get on the waitlist, as it is unnumbered, we're in essentially the same position as now. 

Yeah I got told the same thing. I honestly don't believe i'm getting in, it'd be a dream, but I won't be. I just want to get the rejection/waitlist number just to know. 

2 hours ago, SpaceLawyer said:

Yeah I got told the same thing. I honestly don't believe i'm getting in, it'd be a dream, but I won't be. I just want to get the rejection/waitlist number just to know. 

Unfortunately, I don't believe that Queens has a ranked waitlist.

9 hours ago, capitalttruth said:

Unfortunately, I don't believe that Queens has a ranked waitlist.

Waitlist notification*

No news for me still.. any updates for anyone else? 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, CatLady said:

Not a word. Packing up the family and moving to Windsor at the end of the month, assuming I don’t hear anything positive from Queen’s this week. 

• Thanks 1

Also an Access applicant, also still waiting. My co-worker is an Access applicant as well, and the last school that she's waiting on is Queens. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CatLady said:

Looks like it's over for Queens.

• Sad 1

Still waiting on Queens and Ottawa. I have arbitrarily decided that June 17 is the last day that I will be waiting. At least with Ottawa, I can determine if I have a realistic shot off the waitlist. I have been on Windsor's waitlist since February, so I know that with Queens' unnumbered waitlist, we're essentially in the same as the position we're in now. Otherwise, I need to start finding a place to live in Fredericton.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, capitalttruth said:

Looks like it's over for Queens.

I believe that Queen's new class is now nearly full; so, I don't think that we have any forseeable hope. 

• Sad 1

How do you guys know this? Not an access applicant but a general applicant who hasnt heard back. I am so frustrated with queen's. Rejecting us would be simple for them - so why do we have to wait and go through this mental torment? Im so angry and will be calling them first thing monday morning 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, HOPEFULshould said:

How do you guys know this? Not an access applicant but a general applicant who hasnt heard back. I am so frustrated with queen's. Rejecting us would be simple for them - so why do we have to wait and go through this mental torment? Im so angry and will be calling them first thing monday morning 

They're probably just going to send out a mass rejection list instead of doing it person by person. 

@HOPEFULshould They told me they were almost full about 2 or 3 weeks ago over the phone. I did not specifically ask about access applicants. I wouldn't even bother calling them. The guy on the phone seemed very annoyed, kept sighing, and the only thing he said was that "decisions come out when they are made". He could not provide me with a time that we would be hearing back. When you e-mail them, it takes them 2 weeks to answer and the reply I received to my question was one sentence long and filled with spelling mistakes.

What really bothers me is that out of all the schools I applied to, I thought with a 3.7 L2, a 164 LSAT and an MA, that I would get an offer. Thought I wrote a really good PS too. I wonder what the hell went wrong, and whether I should wait to hear their feedback and whether it's worth applying again next year, or just say the hell with them and take Windsor or Ottawa (if I am accepted there) this year.