capitalttruth

Access Queen's 2019

6 minutes ago, faoejfowjfjewaofjwa said:

Has anyone talked to admission about when they are going to start reviewing access applications or if they have already?  This wait is killing me Queen's is the only school I haven't heard from yet. 

RT! I came so close to calling today but decided against it...  

17 minutes ago, faoejfowjfjewaofjwa said:

Has anyone talked to admission about when they are going to start reviewing access applications or if they have already?  This wait is killing me Queen's is the only school I haven't heard from yet. 

LOL I was so impatient and called Aimee (i think that's how you spell it). She was so nice to me over the phone. She said the class is NOT full and more acceptances are coming. When I probed about access, I got nothing other than "access is also on a rolling basis like general applicants and we haven't filled our class". And so the waiting continues...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, faoejfowjfjewaofjwa said:

Was just going to PM you. I called Queens today and the admissions officer said smaller batches of offers are going out each week. He wasn't able to substantiate on the concerns I had over the seeming bulk of Access applicants that have yet to hear back; he said that the Access committee is meaning at the same time as the General committee. Something isn't adding up, unless the bulk of access offers have gone out to those not on this forum.

Was just waitlisted at Western today, feels like I'll be waitlisted at Queens as well. If Ottawa doesn't come back with any good news, looks like it could be another cycle for me. Fuck!

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

Was just going to PM you. I called Queens today and the admissions officer said smaller batches of offers are going out each week. He wasn't able to substantiate on the concerns I had over the seeming bulk of Access applicants that have yet to hear back; he said that the Access committee is meaning at the same time as the General committee. Something isn't adding up, unless the bulk of access offers have gone out to those not on this forum.

Was just waitlisted at Western today, feels like I'll be waitlisted at Queens as well. If Ottawa doesn't come back with any good news, looks like it could be another cycle for me. Fuck!

Yeah, I've been waitlisted at Western as well and Osgoode and really hoping for Queens to come back soon and I hope I don't end up on another waitlist cuz that would really really suck. (but still very thankful that I haven't gotten any rejections) 

I mean I did see some access acceptances in the Queen's acceptance thread but not a whole lot so it would be interesting to see if more do come out. I mean the fact that none of us were rejected or accepted yet does speak to whether or not they've looked at our applications because reasonably not all of us ended up on the waitlist. At least one of us would have gotten rejected in that first wave if our applications had been reviewed. (not to say we all aren't very competitive but probability wise it just doesn't add up) 

Anyway let's just hope we hear back soon!