capitalttruth

Access Queen's 2019

Hey just wondering if anyone who has applied under the access category has been admitted? 

Still waiting and highly unlikely to pursue admission any longer (received another offer today closer to home). I also applied Access based on feedback that I received from one of the Queen's admission officers that attended my university for a grad fair. I said to him: "what's up with your vague access category description? ... *mutual laughs* ... So I have 10 years of work experience, would that be a good category for me since I am 'mature'/on the basis of age?" It never felt right for me to be in this category, because many of you have far more compelling "access" cases than I do as a mature student. In fact, Queen's is the only school that I applied Access because they do not have a mature category. Nevertheless, I wish you all the best of luck, and I hope that my spot will be reserved for one of you!

I spoke to an admissions person at Queens and they told me my 3.25 GPA, 3.73 L2, 158 LSAT is considered competitive for Access. I really hope I get an offer, I don't want to do another cycle.

What do you guys think about my chances ? 3.5 cGPA L2 3.7 153 LSAT. Worked full time for a year + full time school, worked PT 20+ hrs every other year in law offices or govt services, solid summer jobs, lots of volunteer/community involvement, some ECs, 2 academic ref and one non-academic from previous supervisor. 

1 hour ago, thegoodvife said:

What do you guys think about my chances ? 3.5 cGPA L2 3.7 153 LSAT. Worked full time for a year + full time school, worked PT 20+ hrs every other year in law offices or govt services, solid summer jobs, lots of volunteer/community involvement, some ECs, 2 academic ref and one non-academic from previous supervisor. 

I don't think very high. Your L2 is competitive, but your lsat isnt (even for Access). On the website it says that you should have "at least a 154". 

20 hours ago, thegoodvife said:

Get that LSAT up to above a 157 and you'll be competitive (for Access at least).

I'm 3.3 and L2 3.6 with 160

I got into Ottawa and really want to hear back from Queen's. 

I'm 3.3 CGPA, 3.54 L2 and 159 LSAT. 
You guys think I'd be competitive? I haven't heard anything yet lol

For the class of 2021, the average LSAT between regular and access was only 1 point less. Would not count on Access to make a huge difference. FAOEJFOW..... your good will get in pretty much everywhere. Lawcat, you need at 161 with that GPA. Quin43, 50/50 chance.

general rule of thumb, you need at least a 158 and even then probs need a 3.9 or have cured cancer

• Like 1

5 hours ago, QueensLawChad said:

For the class of 2021, the average LSAT between regular and access was only 1 point less. Would not count on Access to make a huge difference. FAOEJFOW..... your good will get in pretty much everywhere. Lawcat, you need at 161 with that GPA. Quin43, 50/50 chance.

general rule of thumb, you need at least a 158 and even then probs need a 3.9 or have cured cancer

you're being quite dramatic. There are ppl in this forum that have posted acceptances with 156/157/158 in both the access and general category. You're not completely wrong, just over exaggerating. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Maradona said:

you're being quite dramatic. There are ppl in this forum that have posted acceptances with 156/157/158 in both the access and general category. You're not completely wrong, just over exaggerating. 

Admissions officer on the phone said anything above a 155 is considered a competitive LSAT in access.

• Like 1