capitalttruth

Access Queen's 2019

Applied Access with 3.73 L2 and 158 LSAT, MA degree. Do I have a chance this cycle or should I re-write? Would like to avoid having to write again if possible.

10 minutes ago, Maradona said:

You have strong stats for access 

Good to know. I hope I have a chance this cycle - It's my second time applying and I'm currently going through a lot of personal stress right now, don't think I could write the LSAT in January.

1 minute ago, capitalttruth said:

Good to know. I hope I have a chance this cycle - It's my second time applying and I'm currently going through a lot of personal stress right now, don't think I could write the LSAT in January.

if you dont mind me asking what stats did you apply with last time?

Just now, Maradona said:

if you dont mind me asking what stats did you apply with last time?

3.7 L2 and 153 LSAT, was rejected last year. The 158 was from the November LSAT - hoping I can get in through the Access category with the higher score this time.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 12:18 AM, capitalttruth said:

3.7 L2 and 153 LSAT, was rejected last year. The 158 was from the November LSAT - hoping I can get in through the Access category with the higher score this time.

Hey, i got into Queen's applying through Access with a 3.3 GPA and 159 LSAT. I'm in my last year there so i don't know if things have changed, but your chances don't look too shabby. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kfirnik said:

Hey, i got into Queen's applying through Access with a 3.3 GPA and 159 LSAT. I'm in my last year there so i don't know if things have changed, but your chances don't look too shabby. 

Hey was 3.3 your B2 or cGPA?

Edited by Maradona

1 hour ago, Kfirnik said:

Thanks! I believe you also got into UOttawa if I'm not mistaken? I have a similar GPA as you do (3.25) and UOttawa is my top choice. Hoping they can take my access claim into account.

23 hours ago, Maradona said:

Hey was 3.3 your B2 or cGPA?

cGPA. My B2/L2 was something closer to a high B+ average.

22 hours ago, capitalttruth said:

Thanks! I believe you also got into UOttawa if I'm not mistaken? I have a similar GPA as you do (3.25) and UOttawa is my top choice. Hoping they can take my access claim into account.

I did not get into Ottawa. I don't know much about that school. But Queen's is pretty awesome though. 

3 hours ago, Kfirnik said:

I did not get into Ottawa. I don't know much about that school. But Queen's is pretty awesome though. 

Queens is my second choice. I live in Ottawa so the drive to Kingston would be pretty close. I'd prefer to stay in Ottawa because my family/doctors/support system is here, but Kingston would be close enough that it wouldn't drive me nuts. Here's hoping I hear something positive from them!

Edited by capitalttruth
  • Like 2

On 1/25/2019 at 1:39 PM, AJD19 said:

In, i got in last year with worse stats

what were your stats?

5 minutes ago, Maradona said:

what were your stats?

I checked and it said they had a 3.7 GPA. I'm a little worried though, because I called Queens and they said they wouldn't take my L2 because I didn't have a full course load. So I'm going to be evaluated based on my cGPA (3.25) and my 158 LSAT :(

Edited by capitalttruth

3 hours ago, Maradona said:

what were your stats?

3 hours ago, capitalttruth said:

I checked and it said they had a 3.7 GPA. I'm a little worried though, because I called Queens and they said they wouldn't take my L2 because I didn't have a full course load. So I'm going to be evaluated based on my cGPA (3.25) and my 158 LSAT :(

My olsas CGPA is 3.61, lsats: 155,156. 

14 minutes ago, AJD19 said:

My olsas CGPA is 3.61, lsats: 155,156. 

when did you hear back? (sorry for the questions lol)

2 hours ago, Maradona said:

when did you hear back? (sorry for the questions lol)

No worries! Late March for Queens and April Osgoode and Western

Hey, what do you guys think about a 153 and a 3.55 GPA in the access category? I’m not sure how Queens calculates repeated classes in the L2 calculation. References from an associate Dean. 

7 hours ago, HighGPA said:

Hey, what do you guys think about a 153 and a 3.55 GPA in the access category? I’m not sure how Queens calculates repeated classes in the L2 calculation. References from an associate Dean. 

based off of previous acceptances I'd say your stats are low for access. 

Thanks! Would your opinion change if my GPA was a high 3.6? I’m not too sure how queens factors repeated classes, the email they sent me didn’t address my particular inquiry about L2 calculations. Also, I was a member of my university’s disability services, not sure if that matters tho. Thanks again!