They indicated that they aren't creating accounts until people firmly accept. Even then, I don't believe they have started the process yet. I have firmly accepted and am still seeing the notification:

Stay tuned for more information about your new Osgoode email account and Passport York account.

I wouldn't worry about it, they will let you know. 

On 1/30/2019 at 1:30 PM, HopefulLawStudent1 said:

Hey guys, 

I was wondering if anyone who has been accepted has received their Osgoode email account yet? If so, is there something we have to do to get access to it? 

My account is up and working. You have to create it at the mms passport yorku portal. Your sign in to create the email is your reference or student number plus your date of birth.

I assume you have to firmly accept. I had to call the tech support office cause my sign in was not working. Not sure if you'll have to, but if it says incorrect login then there's a technical issue.

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2019 at 7:23 PM, MV83 said:

My account is up and working. You have to create it at the mms passport yorku portal. Your sign in to create the email is your reference or student number plus your date of birth.

I assume you have to firmly accept. I had to call the tech support office cause my sign in was not working. Not sure if you'll have to, but if it says incorrect login then there's a technical issue.

Hey, did the email you the student number? Or is it the alphanumeric password to myfile? Thanks!

6 hours ago, DinosaurJD said:

Hey, did the email you the student number? Or is it the alphanumeric password to myfile? Thanks!

I emailed IT and then they re-directed me to admissions who said that once we get our course schedule, our emails would be working.

Also, for anyone who has paid the deposit, is it showing on your OASIS? 

On 2/20/2019 at 12:49 AM, lawstudentmikescott said:

I emailed IT and then they re-directed me to admissions who said that once we get our course schedule, our emails would be working.

Also, for anyone who has paid the deposit, is it showing on your OASIS? 

Hey! Thanks! I actually was using the wrong number -whoops :)

And Admissions told me it takes a while to show up, but it would be a good idea to send it registered with tracking number.

• Like 1

Just now, DinosaurJD said:

Hey! Thanks! I actually was using the wrong number -whoops :)

And Admissions told me it takes a while to show up, but it would be a good idea to send it registered with tracking number.

Also, the student number on the admissions letter (the hard copy) let’s you sign up for a York email, and passport York. I don’t know if there is a separate email for Oz as well?

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DinosaurJD said:

Also, the student number on the admissions letter (the hard copy) let’s you sign up for a York email, and passport York. I don’t know if there is a separate email for Oz as well?

Thanks for your help! Where would I go to sign up for a York email (do you have the link)? Because on OASIS it says the following:

"Stay tuned for more information about your new Osgoode email account and Passport York account."

So I am just confused about setting all this up. But if there is a way to get the Osgoode email set up that would be great. I really appreciate your time!

It’s through passport York and the google apps page. But I would wait a bit. At welcome day, they said that the sections and courses and whatnot aren’t shared until August. That means we really can’t do anything with passport York except for apply for housing, and they use the email on file on oasis anyway.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, lawstudentmikescott said:

Thanks for your help! Where would I go to sign up for a York email (do you have the link)? Because on OASIS it says the following:

"Stay tuned for more information about your new Osgoode email account and Passport York account."

So I am just confused about setting all this up. But if there is a way to get the Osgoode email set up that would be great. I really appreciate your time!

Also, there is the student services office at osgoode, which is the same office as Admissions. They would probably know more than I do.

• Thanks 1

My account is up and working. You have to create it at the mms passport yorku portal. Your sign in to create the email is your reference or student number plus your date of birth

I accepted my offer to Osgoode (provisionally) and tried to access the email by logging in but still haven’t been able to get through? Other people I know were able to get through but I don’t think they firmly accepted. Has anyone else had this problem? 

On 3/6/2019 at 2:19 PM, Mandy555 said:

I accepted my offer to Osgoode (provisionally) and tried to access the email by logging in but still haven’t been able to get through? Other people I know were able to get through but I don’t think they firmly accepted. Has anyone else had this problem? 

@Mandy555 Just out of curiosity, why are you concerned with signing up for an email that may never be used (since you provisionally accepted)? 

Also, why is anyone here concerned about signing up for an email that won't likely be used for at least 5 months? Do you plan to start using it for some unknown purpose? Certainly, you won't be receiving anything from Osgoode until you're told to sign up for an email. Relax everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For those of you who have been able to set up your email-is your Osgoode email address a gmail account that ends with @my.yorku.ca? Or is it an email ending with @osgoode.yorku.ca?

I’m a little confused because I’ve seen information online saying that Osgoode has migrated to Microsoft Outlook, however when I made a Passport York account my email was automatically set up as a Google/gmail account. 

I think I'm just confused as to whether we are supposed to have 2 separate email accounts-A York one and an Osgoode one. 

Edited by guelphgirl123

Everyone gets a York email as well, which you are free to use. Osgoode has its own system, which is Outlook (York is Gmail). They barely had it up and running by the time I graduated so I don’t know much about it other than it exists. (We had Lotus)

I wouldn’t worry about it in the meantime. Not until you get closer to the fall. 

• Like 1