Sign in to follow this  
starbuckslova

1L Toronto 2019 Summer Recruitment (PFOs and ITCs)

7 hours ago, harveyspecter993 said:

It's on their website.

I must be going to the wrong page, because their “meet the Toronto students” page only has their 2L and returning 1L hires on it.

students.dentons.com/opportunities-around-the-globe/canada/toronto/meet-the-toronto-students/

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

I must be going to the wrong page, because their “meet the Toronto students” page only has their 2L and returning 1L hires on it.

students.dentons.com/opportunities-around-the-globe/canada/toronto/meet-the-toronto-students/

https://www.dentons.com/en/whats-different-about-dentons/connecting-you-to-talented-lawyers-around-the-globe/news/2019/february/dentons-announces-first-year-students-joining-the-toronto-office-in-summer-2019

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

Haha I did the same thing

I am actually shocked that they hired this many! I wonder how many Blakes hired (they usually also hire an insane amount of 1Ls). Perhaps this is the new trend in Toronto, load up on 1Ls and decrease the 2L hiring.  I almost hope this is not going to be a trend only because some students' first term grades aren't necessarily representative of how well they'll do by the end of 1L

• Like 2

9 hours ago, healthlaw said:

Haha I did the same thing

I am actually shocked that they hired this many! I wonder how many Blakes hired (they usually also hire an insane amount of 1Ls). Perhaps this is the new trend in Toronto, load up on 1Ls and decrease the 2L hiring.  I almost hope this is not going to be a trend only because some students' first term grades aren't necessarily representative of how well they'll do by the end of 1L

According to a friend, Blake's took 14 1Ls. Davies went with 8 I believe. 

It does look like the firms are stocking up on 1Ls.

2 hours ago, FoG said:

According to a friend, Blake's took 14 1Ls. Davies went with 8 I believe. 

It does look like the firms are stocking up on 1Ls.

14 and 8!? Oh wow! I've also noted that a few firms have recently resumed hiring 1Ls again (Torys comes to mind)