Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LLawS

McMaster Law?

Recommended Posts

I was discussing the law school application process with a coworker and he told me that roughly 2-3 years ago he interviewed at McMaster law for a JD program. I know 100% they don’t have one, but he claims they did and that his father attended this program as well. I’ve researched and have been unable to find any evidence of McMaster ever having a law school. I know they’ve always been heavily focused on business and medicine, so I wasn’t surprised by my inability to find evidence supporting this story. But I am curious as to if there was ever a law program there that anyone knows of that I might not be able to find online for some odd reason? 

 

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LLawS said:

I was discussing the law school application process with a coworker and he told me that roughly 2-3 years ago he interviewed at McMaster law for a JD program. I know 100% they don’t have one, but he claims they did and that his father attended this program as well. I’ve researched and have been unable to find any evidence of McMaster ever having a law school. I know they’ve always been heavily focused on business and medicine, so I wasn’t surprised by my inability to find evidence supporting this story. But I am curious as to if there was ever a law program there that anyone knows of that I might not be able to find online for some odd reason? 

 

Maybe this is the one?

https://www.thesil.ca/mcmaster-courts-future-law-students-with-new-justice-program

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NeverGiveUp said:

This is an undergraduate justice studies program, I doubt anyone would have to interview for it.

McMaster does not and never has had a JD or LLB program. That’s why you can’t find information about one online.

Edited by Orches
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Orches said:

This is an undergraduate justice studies program, I doubt anyone would have to interview for it.

McMaster does not and never has had a JD or LLB program. That’s why you can’t find information about one online.

He definitely said JD. okay, that’s what I thought! Thank you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, msk2012 said:

People sometimes confuse McGill and McMaster. 

I asked if he meant McGill and he said “no- McMaster in Hamilton”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished my undergrad at McMaster myself and there is definitely no JD program. It is just the new undergraduate JPPL program that started a few years ago as mentioned earlier. All the students I know from this program are currently applying for law schools at other universities.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hahaha, yeah I never thought this was a true story but felt I should at least give him the benefit of the doubt for a minute before I flat out said anything to him.. just in case I somehow was wrong! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, LLawS said:

I was discussing the law school application process with a coworker and he told me that roughly 2-3 years ago he interviewed at McMaster law for a JD program. I know 100% they don’t have one, but he claims they did and that his father attended this program as well. I’ve researched and have been unable to find any evidence of McMaster ever having a law school. I know they’ve always been heavily focused on business and medicine, so I wasn’t surprised by my inability to find evidence supporting this story. But I am curious as to if there was ever a law program there that anyone knows of that I might not be able to find online for some odd reason? 

 

I wrote my LSAT at McMaster.  Maybe that's what he meant somehow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, utmguy said:

I wrote my LSAT at McMaster.  Maybe that's what he meant somehow?

For someone who claims he scored in the top 2% of test takers, he seems very easily confused and also didn’t have a great understanding of the LSAT when I asked him to explain the test he took to me... he claimed the first section was like 3 hours long and that there were questions that required short answer responses. I’m leaning heavily towards the conclusion that he’s lying about all of this- including his apparent current enrolment in law school. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP, this is nothing new. I know people who lied to me about having straight A's in undergrad and/or having gotten into law school or medical school. Two people told me they got into law school and medical school respectively, but chose not to go due to financial constraints. Only when graduation came around did I find out what their actual GPAs were, as they received no honours or distinctions to even graduate with a 3.5. One of my buddies told me he got a 170+ on the LSAT winging it, and kept up the lie for 2 years straight before he graduated from university, applied to law school, and didn't get into any law school. 

All a fact of life. Don't spend so much energy trying to convince these people that they're wrong and giving them the attention they seek. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worth noting this level of deception continues even here. We have had more than a few occasions where posters suggest they accomplished any number of amazing things that they did not, in fact, ever embark on - let alone complete. 

Some people are just fantasists. Makes them feel better or something. Take all boasts with a grain of salt. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah? Well I’M writing this from the bench - and it’s made of real imitation mahogany!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate all the replies! I just found it really odd that he’d lie to me considering he’s aware that I’ve written the lsat and have just finished applying to law school. I really just wanted to make sure there was zero chance I was wrong about this situation before I said anything the next time he brings it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LLawS said:

I appreciate all the replies! I just found it really odd that he’d lie to me considering he’s aware that I’ve written the lsat and have just finished applying to law school. I really just wanted to make sure there was zero chance I was wrong about this situation before I said anything the next time he brings it up. 

Tell your friend you got $100K scholarship from McMaster Law School. You will buy him dinner when you received it.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...