Canucksfan96

Chances cga 76% LSAT 150

Hi,

I was wondering if I have a chance to get into TRU law school this cycle. Graduate with a BBA from BCIT. Had an average of  74% to 80% through out all the semesters and have 180 credits in total. Average work experince, currently working as an analyst. Average PS, reference letters and EC.  Wrote the lsat on Jan 26, PT at 155 to 158 but assuming 150 on the real exam. Please feel free to ask me any questions.

Thanks,

@AJD19  I might have scored higher than 150 on the last. In your opinion what would be minimum score I would need to get in, with a low gpa of 76. 

Thanks, 

10 minutes ago, Canucksfan96 said:

@AJD19  I might have scored higher than 150 on the last. In your opinion what would be minimum score I would need to get in, with a low gpa of 76. 

Thanks, 

I wouldnt say your GPA is low necesarily. You have a solid CGPA. If you could state your GPA for your Last 2 (L2) years on a 4 point scale those who respond could give you a more concrete answer. However, like a 154+ for TRU and you would have a decent shot. Theres quite a few first round acceptances in the 150's.  I got in in November with a 156. For what its worth,  a <153 LSAT likely wont get you in anywhere in Canada.  I did see someone posting on here recently though who got in off the waitlist last year with a 150. 

Edited by AJD19

Thanks, I guess I have to wait and see what I get on my lsat. It would be nice to start this year, but won't mind getting in the next years cycle. Could continue working and saving up money. I will also be writing the next lsat, will study longer for that one, only studied 5 hours a week for 4 weeks for the lsat I just wrote. Have to improve on RC. 

Thanks, I will let you know if I get in and maybe we can start TRU together.

I had a similar cGPA and a 164 on my LSAT and was waitlisted (accepted off the waitlist pretty quickly). Based on my experience, and with no info on your ECs, I'd aim for a 158+ LSAT for a chance to get in.

On 1/28/2019 at 2:32 AM, canuckfanatic said:

I had a similar cGPA and a 164 on my LSAT and was waitlisted (accepted off the waitlist pretty quickly). Based on my experience, and with no info on your ECs, I'd aim for a 158+ LSAT for a chance to get in.

Thats absolute insanity that they waitlisted you with those stats .

11 hours ago, AJD19 said:

Thats absolute insanity that they waitlisted you with those stats .

I was waitlisted at a few schools out east too. TRU was the first acceptance and the one I actually wanted to go to.

2 hours ago, Mydream123 said:

Ive seen people get in with 148, 149, 150 - So i think you should be fine

People who get in with that low an LSAT are usually “splitters” ie people with a very high GPA. 

That does not describe the OP. 

• Like 1