Sign in to follow this  
ljlife

Chances? [3.7CGPA, No LSAT]

What are my chances?

3.70 CGPA, No LSAT (Quebec resident), average ECs (legal internship, political party involvement), average letters (one from a dean), average PS (I'm assuming that my letters and PS are average). 

I think they accepted someone with a 3.6! I think your chances are pretty good! 

McGill is a bit of a crap shoot. I personally know applicants with higher GPAs and (from what it sounds) more impressive ECs though they are subjective. They haven't been accepted yet. It will be your ECs, LORs and letters that distinguish you. You should consider writing the LSAT if you don't get in this year to boost your chances. Regardless good luck! 

Edited by Megbean123

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• If they do, that's an anomaly.  Full course load is five per semester, that's the norm. Each university sets their own policy for full-time status and it varies. Queen's may be more accepting than other schools of four course semesters but, technically, that isn't the standard  definition at Canadian schools for undergrad of a full course load. 
    • I do believe that Queen's considers 4 courses per semester a full course load.
    • I don't see a lot of UofC Associates or Articling Students in Toronto at all, but there's certainly Windsor grads at every large firm. I also wouldn't place my hopes on getting into Big Law in Calgary and then lateraling over either - that's a lot of steps that have to go correctly. Getting Calgary BigLaw isn't a lay-up in and of itself. I would say go to Windsor and network, get good summaries and work your butt off in 1L and try to get grades in the top quarter of your class. 
    • Bit of an odd-duck here.    B2: 78% LSAT: 157 (one write) Sask Connection: Step-father is ex-law lecturer at UofS and Queen’s Bench and I served as president of the University of Regina Student’ Union for two elected terms.    Will these connection items help??
    • hey thanks! this is a good perspective. yeah I am open to biglaw in Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto, but ideally would like to end up in Toronto. I know about Windsor having low placement rates, so I guess my question is whether to risk the low placement rate but be in Ontario, or risk being out of province but have the Calgary market open to me. I don't really want to stay in Calgary longer than I have to.