JusticeMcBoob

2L Summer 2019 Recruitment - Winter semester

Just though I'd get a thread going for 2L summer 2019 recruitment this semester for Toronto/Ottawa/rest of Ontario.

Please share knowledge of interview offers that have gone out for firms and other organizations.

Feel free to share law job postings that are hidden or not readily searchable through public online job boards.

Thank you.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, law2001 said:

If anyone hears from Minden Gross today please post!

Been refreshing my inbox all day! I'm assuming no news by 5:00 is probably bad. Either way I hope they respond to all applications.  

• Like 1

I haven't heard back from Minden Gross yet either. I believe they'll send out a mass email if you're not selected. 

5 hours ago, ragnarlodbrok said:

I heard back from minden gross. Missed out on interviews. Anyone hear back from ottawa firms

My friend heard back from Perley Robertson for an in firm. I've heard back from some but won't identify which for anonymity reasons.

1 minute ago, sman99 said:

Since when does Minden hire summer students?

Since this year 

For those of you who received interview offers from the OSC (and filled out the Doodle form), have they emailed back with dates and times yet? 

Anyone know if the OSC is done sending out interview offers?

23 hours ago, lawrever said:

For those of you who received interview offers from the OSC (and filled out the Doodle form), have they emailed back with dates and times yet? 

They haven't confirmed with me yet

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JusticeMcBoob said:

Anyone hear back from employers in Toronto, Ottawa, London, Waterloo and Guelph?

I heard back for Ottawa OCIs but nothing from the firms not participating in OCIs. Not sure how to feel about this... 

9 hours ago, Rebbox said:

I heard back for Ottawa OCIs but nothing from the firms not participating in OCIs. Not sure how to feel about this... 

Some non oci Ottawa firms have reached out but a lot of them haven't (at least to my circle, which I assume is large enough to get at least some offers, as they have with the other firms).

Ottawa recruit I've heard can be a bit unorganized and last minute. I don't know how true that is but I think next week would be when we hear if we do.

17 minutes ago, seekingjob said:

has anyone heard back from travelers, imax, etc? 

Had a phone screener with Travelers last week, full interview week after next

20 hours ago, Rebbox said:

I'm assuming you were at the OCIs in Windsor? Did you hear from all of the firms you interviewed with?