Sign in to follow this  
princesskaryn

How to calculate "last 2 years GPA"?

I am under the assumption that when law schools talk about the "last 2 years GPA", it is refering to the GPA of the last 2 years of university (3rd year & 4th year grades). HOWEVER, since our fall & winter term grades will not arrive to the law schools yet when we apply, does that mean the last 2 years GPA refers to the 2nd & 3rd year GPA? Or is it just calculated on the basis of the last 60 credits you have taken? I'm confused.. :?

for which school?

mostly its about the last two years credits - but u are right because ur last semester of your forth year usually doesnt get included, unless you get accepted wayyy after may.

Yep, it depends on the school, but can get pretty confusing. For instance, U of A will look at your last 60 credits, but won't break up semesters if you have year-long courses that force them to go back farther.

I just wanted to clarify...

For example, if I start my 4th year this upcoming Fall, and apply this upcoming October 2006, do my first semester 4th year grades get sent and counted before they make their decision in Jan/Feb 2007?

Thanks

Indy

yes they will

and if u receive acceptance in the summer before law school...ur 2nd semester would be included as well... all depends when u get the letter

To make things more confusing, here's my situation. I spent 5 years for 2 bachelor degrees, first 2 in 1 school, last 3 in another. So the whole UGPA will be the over all 5 years then, and the last 2 year2 GPA will be the 5th and 4th for me? I think I need to start my own thread for some advice.

You did them concurrently, right?

I am the same as you, two degrees in 5 years. for me my last 2 would be 4 and 5. but I have also taken summer classes in between, so some schools count back as last two years being however many credits, so mine only went back to say second semester year 4, summer year 4 and then year 5... or something like that

but not to be too confusing... basically yes.. your cgpa is all 5 years and last two is 4 and 5..

I am the same as you, two degrees in 5 years. for me my last 2 would be 4 and 5. but I have also taken summer classes in between, so some schools count back as last two years being however many credits, so mine only went back to say second semester year 4, summer year 4 and then year 5... or something like that

but not to be too confusing... basically yes.. your cgpa is all 5 years and last two is 4 and 5..

wow, i'm in the same situation! im applying this october. that means im applying in my fifth. does that mean theyll look at my fifth year stuff too?

keep in mind im probably mostly ontario schools.

Do any of the schools count your Masters' degree in there? Like if I have a 1 year MA, would they count the "last 2 years" as my Master's and my fourth year of my BA?

wow, i'm in the same situation! im applying this october. that means im applying in my fifth. does that mean theyll look at my fifth year stuff too?

yup! they will look at whatever you send them. a 5th year can do wonders for some people.

yup! they will look at whatever you send them. a 5th year can do wonders for some people.

this is wonderful news for me as I am ALSO doing 5 years 2 degrees. hey im wondering, what schools are realistic when looking at ure last and summer and 2nd semester of 4th year? for me, my CGPA is gonna kill me but my last 60 credit GPA is gonna be about a 3.7 so im totally banking on that and my LSAT.

did you get in somewhere with ure 5 year thing or are you applying this october?