CTolpp

Residences/Housing

For those who are going to Queen's Law in September 2019, (or those who have attended already), where are you planning on/have you been living? If choosing to live in Queen's residence what hall do most law students live in? Is it better to live off campus? Thanks in advance!

Edited by CTolpp

I'm not sure if Queens residence actually has spots for grad students. Most law students rent student houses nearby campus with other grad/law students. There should be a facebook group dedicated to the incoming students of 2019. People usually post there to find housemates to look for housing together. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CTolpp said:

For those who are going to Queen's Law in September 2019, (or those who have attended already), where are you planning on/have you been living? If choosing to live in Queen's residence what hall do most law students live in? Is it better to live off campus? Thanks in advance!

Theres 2 graduate student residences that law students can live in and there both abysmal.

• Like 1

Yes if you are coming to Queens as a grad student, don't do University housing. Many students join the class Facebook and seek people to room with. You can find places on Kijiji or the Queen's housing site. I personally preferred to get a one bedroom for 1L, since I didn't know anyone and was nervous at the prospect of living with strangers.

Here are some tips re: Kingston housing that I posted in the Ask a 1L thread:

• Like 2

Would definitely recommend living off campus! There are tons of student housing options and many Facebook pages to help you find rentals. As a grad student you might not want to live right in the student ghetto as it can be pretty rowdy and the houses themselves are not the best. I would recommend either downtown or west of campus. With that being said you can still find nice housing in the ghetto it might just cost you more and avoid party streets like Aberdeen! 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now