Jump to content
akratic

Clerkships 2019

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Blizzard said:

Anyone know if the SCC committee interview have also gone out?

At least one has though I'm not sure if they're done rolling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have FCA interview requests gone out for any Justices other than Webb, Stratas, Gleason, Woods, Gauthier, Rivoalen? 

Edited by baf
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2019 at 7:16 PM, pzabbythesecond said:

At least one has though I'm not sure if they're done rolling.

To my knowledge SCC is done (re: extending interviews), but someone correct me if I'm wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are OCA interviews done in any particular order? I’m the last one of the day for my school and wondering if that means anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LawGuy1995 said:

Are OCA interviews done in any particular order? I’m the last one of the day for my school and wondering if that means anything. 

I heard second hand that it may be alphabetical. Which day are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, akratic said:

I heard second hand that it may be alphabetical. Which day are you?

No idea how they do order but based on my own personal knowledge of candidates I don't think it's alphabetical!

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CoffeeandLaw said:

No idea how they do order but based on my own personal knowledge of candidates I don't think it's alphabetical!

Fair enough. Do you know how many candidates they consider at the interview stage or which justices will be conducting the interview?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, UdeMlaw123 said:

Does anyone know if the SCC sends out PFO ??

What's a PFO?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, QED said:

What's a PFO?

A rejection email. I think it's beneath the Supreme Court of Canada to tell people to 'please fuck off,' but, well.... we look to substance, not form. 

I believe the Court informs applicants not invited for an interview in March. I wouldn't expect anything before then.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, onepost said:

A rejection email. I think it's beneath the Supreme Court of Canada to tell people to 'please fuck off,' but, well.... we look to substance, not form. 

I believe the Court informs applicants not invited for an interview in March. I wouldn't expect anything before then.

Ah. I didn't get any interviews last year and didn't receive a rejection email.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2019 at 2:25 PM, baf said:

Have FCA interview requests gone out for any Justices other than Webb, Stratas, Gleason, Woods, Gauthier, Rivoalen? 

I have also heard of offers coming from Justices Near and Laskin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, clairesawyer said:

I have also heard of offers coming from Justices Near and Laskin. 

Are you talking about interview offers or job offers? Is it safe to think that job offers would come from the more senior FCA judges first and then work their way down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Boi1da said:

Are you talking about interview offers or job offers? Is it safe to think that job offers would come from the more senior FCA judges first and then work their way down

SCC offers are always first and they haven't made them so the person is talking about interview offers.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Boi1da said:

Are you talking about interview offers or job offers? Is it safe to think that job offers would come from the more senior FCA judges first and then work their way down

I was told by a CFA judge after an interview, that they cannot give out offers before the SCC does, so mid-march. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figure all court interview offers are done by now but does anyone know if superior courts, federal courts, and FCA are still making them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, UdeMlaw123 said:

I was told by a CFA judge after an interview, that they cannot give out offers before the SCC does, so mid-march. 

Interesting, thanks for your info. I was told after an FCA interview that the ranking day for the judges was the 18th, and that we could expect to hear within a week or two after that. Seems to be some conflicting information out there. Also seems like the timeline/process is a bit different than previous years, from what I've been told. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Recent Posts

    • So you’re saying you didn’t work your ass off to get into university, maintain a high GPA, pass the LSAT, get into law school, maintain good grades in law school, kill articling interviews, work yourself to the grindstone during articling, pass the bar, and now you’re where you are? this whole “white privilege” discussion is total bullshit and nonsense. I don’t understand the guilt people have for being successful. And you shouldn’t be guilty for your parents having worked that hard to provide a good life for you as I’m sure you will for your kids. 
    • Maybe in some positions, but definitely not in others, including mine.  Unless I have court, I schedule whatever I want and do whatever I please. As long as the hours are there, no one cares. 
    • Work. I love having a schedule that I cannot miss for any reason and getting paid to adhere to it and work on practical, real-life matters. I love having that sense of direction too, as well as just knowing that no matter how small the task I'm working on is, it is still meaningful. I learn a lot more too and retain it far better. I want to wake up in the morning and get started on my day, whereas when I'm in school I constantly yearn for the weekend. I feel a lot more anxiety in school... I get a bit of anxiety at work too, but I think the stability and meaningfulness make it a lot easier to deal with. Getting paid and not having to worry about how I am going to pay the bills is also an added bonus, but I would probably prefer school if it was structurally more similar to a work environment and things were taught in a more hands-on, practical matter.
    • We did actually get an email from the Parkdale intensive back in March, i.e. after the clinic recruit, informing students that they still had unfilled spots so I actually got the sense that it wasn't a very popular clinic, for whatever reason. 
    • It's a realistic statement. It may seem harsh to those waiting but it would be disingenuous, and dishonest, to instead tell someone the opposite. Most people who are waitlisted, at any school, do not end up receiving an acceptance. It's also a statement that was likely referencing those who have made provisional acceptances at another school and who shouldn't dismiss those in hopes of getting in off a waitlist. 
×
×
  • Create New...