akratic

Clerkships 2019

19 minutes ago, Blizzard said:

Anyone know if the SCC committee interview have also gone out?

At least one has though I'm not sure if they're done rolling.

Have FCA interview requests gone out for any Justices other than Webb, Stratas, Gleason, Woods, Gauthier, Rivoalen? 

Edited by baf
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2019 at 7:16 PM, pzabbythesecond said:

At least one has though I'm not sure if they're done rolling.

To my knowledge SCC is done (re: extending interviews), but someone correct me if I'm wrong

Are OCA interviews done in any particular order? I’m the last one of the day for my school and wondering if that means anything. 

6 hours ago, LawGuy1995 said:

Are OCA interviews done in any particular order? I’m the last one of the day for my school and wondering if that means anything. 

I heard second hand that it may be alphabetical. Which day are you?

42 minutes ago, akratic said:

I heard second hand that it may be alphabetical. Which day are you?

No idea how they do order but based on my own personal knowledge of candidates I don't think it's alphabetical!

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, CoffeeandLaw said:

No idea how they do order but based on my own personal knowledge of candidates I don't think it's alphabetical!

Fair enough. Do you know how many candidates they consider at the interview stage or which justices will be conducting the interview?

8 hours ago, UdeMlaw123 said:

Does anyone know if the SCC sends out PFO ??

What's a PFO?

6 hours ago, QED said:

What's a PFO?

A rejection email. I think it's beneath the Supreme Court of Canada to tell people to 'please fuck off,' but, well.... we look to substance, not form. 

I believe the Court informs applicants not invited for an interview in March. I wouldn't expect anything before then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, onepost said:

A rejection email. I think it's beneath the Supreme Court of Canada to tell people to 'please fuck off,' but, well.... we look to substance, not form. 

I believe the Court informs applicants not invited for an interview in March. I wouldn't expect anything before then.

Ah. I didn't get any interviews last year and didn't receive a rejection email.

On 2/17/2019 at 2:25 PM, baf said:

Have FCA interview requests gone out for any Justices other than Webb, Stratas, Gleason, Woods, Gauthier, Rivoalen? 

I have also heard of offers coming from Justices Near and Laskin. 

1 hour ago, clairesawyer said:

I have also heard of offers coming from Justices Near and Laskin. 

Are you talking about interview offers or job offers? Is it safe to think that job offers would come from the more senior FCA judges first and then work their way down

14 minutes ago, Boi1da said:

Are you talking about interview offers or job offers? Is it safe to think that job offers would come from the more senior FCA judges first and then work their way down

SCC offers are always first and they haven't made them so the person is talking about interview offers.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Boi1da said:

I was told by a CFA judge after an interview, that they cannot give out offers before the SCC does, so mid-march. 

I figure all court interview offers are done by now but does anyone know if superior courts, federal courts, and FCA are still making them? 

14 minutes ago, UdeMlaw123 said:

I was told by a CFA judge after an interview, that they cannot give out offers before the SCC does, so mid-march. 

Interesting, thanks for your info. I was told after an FCA interview that the ranking day for the judges was the 18th, and that we could expect to hear within a week or two after that. Seems to be some conflicting information out there. Also seems like the timeline/process is a bit different than previous years, from what I've been told. 

• Thanks 1