Multicultural

Any international student acceptances?

Hi- Not sure if anyone here can answer my question, but here goes: 

I applied as an international student, and wanted to know if McGill had accepted any international applicants so far. I'm assuming everyone accepted so far on the forum is Canadian, correct? I could be wrong haha 

The gpas I’ve seen have been on the Canadian scale so it doesn’t look like it however you can always call and ask!

Edited by Megbean123

Just in case you're curious, if you're a french national (I believe; may have changed) your tuition will be the same as a non-quebec resident Canadian (to the tune of roughly 10000 a year). If not, it's somewhere around 30 thousand something a year.

• Thanks 1

They sent out an email and forgot to BCC everyone so we saw the email addresses of everyone accepted. Most are from Canadian Universities, did not see any international university email but some people didn't put academic emails. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Megbean123 said:

They sent out an email and forgot to BCC everyone so we saw the email addresses of everyone accepted. Most are from Canadian Universities, did not see any international university email but some people didn't put academic emails. 

Any idea on how many people have been accepted at this point?

29 minutes ago, linz93 said:

Any idea on how many people have been accepted at this point?

yeah it says 65

edit - i should note it was 65 when we got the email on the 14th. I wouldn't worry too much, a couple of names including my own were also on the U of T list. Can't imagine I'm the only one struggling between the 2 though at 95% certainty I'm going to McGill. 

Edited by Megbean123

2 hours ago, Megbean123 said:

Lol. Welcome to McGill administration.

• Like 1

I vaguely remember McGill typically sending somewhere around the mid 200s in acceptances. No school has a perfect yield rate (not even Yale). McGill typically has a great yield rate because of its reputation coupled with its low tuition. We have lots of students who got into u of t, and even top American schools, who chose to come to McGill. But regardless, more than 180 acceptances will be sent out.

Note though that a few dozen seats typically go to cegep and mature students, who's processes don't start until march/april/May.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pzabbythesecond said:

I vaguely remember McGill typically sending somewhere around the mid 200s in acceptances. No school has a perfect yield rate (not even Yale). McGill typically has a great yield rate because of its reputation coupled with its low tuition. We have lots of students who got into u of t, and even top American schools, who chose to come to McGill. But regardless, more than 180 acceptances will be sent out.

Note though that a few dozen seats typically go to cegep and mature students, who's processes don't start until march/april/May.

yeah, my friend got off the waitlist 4 days after she started at U de M in late Sept. People take their time deciding hahaha

Edited by Megbean123

21 hours ago, Megbean123 said:

yeah, my friend got off the waitlist 4 days after she started at U de M in late Sept. People take their time deciding hahaha

did your friend stay at U de M or did she go to McGill? :D