clithridiate

Osgoode Acceptance Criteria Compared to Other Schools

I'm just curious about whether Osgoode's acceptance criteria differ significantly from those of other Canadian schools. It seems as though what are essentially the same essays and definitely the same stats has led other schools like UBC and the U of T to send out responses when Osgoode hasn't in my case. I've also noticed on the thread that Osgoode has already been placing people on a waitlist when it is early January. Although I will not be attending Osgoode, any insights or hypotheses about Osgoode's admissions criteria compared to other schools could be interesting. 

I have nothing to add, but if it helps I’m in the exact same boat! I’ve heard back from every other school I’ve applied to on the very first day of acceptances (U of T, Queens, Western and Ottawa) but still nothing from Osgoode! Your stats are amazing though, so that definitely makes me feel better that I haven’t heard back yet either! 

Did you provisionally accept another school? I have gotten into Oz, Ottawa, McGill, u of t but nothing from queens nor western. I find this odd because I am, like you a bit above the stats of a lot of accepted students. 

To me, this means they saw my provisional acceptance to u of t. I mean it could also be that my letter sucks or something. 

Just based on my case, I don’t think they differ significantly. 

Edited by Megbean123

1 hour ago, clithridiate said:

I'm just curious about whether Osgoode's acceptance criteria differ significantly from those of other Canadian schools. It seems as though what are essentially the same essays and definitely the same stats has led other schools like UBC and the U of T to send out responses when Osgoode hasn't in my case. I've also noticed on the thread that Osgoode has already been placing people on a waitlist when it is early January. Although I will not be attending Osgoode, any insights or hypotheses about Osgoode's admissions criteria compared to other schools could be interesting. 

Osgoode's presumptive admit threshold for the 2016 cycle was a GPA at or above 3.75 and an LSAT at or above the 80th percentile.

This most likely is not changed so you should be in in the first round.

Were you in queue yet?

If not there are possibilities they may not have your completed documents on hand at that time.