law04

Osgoode Waitlist 2019

Has anyone called/emailed Osgoode for more info about the waitlist/when we might hear back/how full the class is, etc., that you can share? Every day is just giving me the worst anxiety :( 

Hey everyone, I wanted to let you all know that I was accepted off of the waitlist this Monday (May 14th), so there is hope! I had given up but moving off of the waitlist can happen!

• Like 1

Added to the waitlist yesterday. No e-mail, I just checked OASIS this morning and saw the update. 

Does wait pool mean waiting list?

I just checked OASIS and saw the update

Posted (edited)

Waitlisted yesterday after being in queue since early November.

cGPA: 3.57, L2: 3.65, LSAT: 162

Filled out Part B

Edited by NavAcid

21 hours ago, andrewhl said:

Does wait pool mean waiting list?

I just checked OASIS and saw the update

Yes!

Does anyone have any insights into what the chances of being accepted off the waitlist are? Seems like there's a numbered ranking at Ottawa that gives people a good idea if they're going to get in or not. Do many people get in from the Osgoode waitlist over the course of the summer?

5 minutes ago, YoungGlass said:

Does anyone have any insights into what the chances of being accepted off the waitlist are? Seems like there's a numbered ranking at Ottawa that gives people a good idea if they're going to get in or not. Do many people get in from the Osgoode waitlist over the course of the summer?

I feel like it's hard to say. It seems as though the past week or so there has been quite a few people pulled from the waitlist, but if you look at last years thread it doesn't look like there was much movement after May. So, based on last year it does not seem too promising, but it seems like they are a little behind this year compared to last year (I assume because of the later LSAT dates) so there may be some hope still. 

Posted (edited)

Waitlisted after my interview! :( Very grateful for the opportunity.  

Wishing everyone the best of luck! Hopefully mine will change one day. 🙏🏻

Edited by CatLady
  • Like 1

Hey friends-

I was added to the waitlist in April. Does anyone know if we ever get rejected, or we just wait it out until there's no spots left? It's so hard to plan when I might still get in.

Also, if you're accepted from the waitlist please post it, so I know when they hand out offers! Apparently they do it in batches. 

2 hours ago, msa13 said:

Hey friends-

I was added to the waitlist in April. Does anyone know if we ever get rejected, or we just wait it out until there's no spots left? It's so hard to plan when I might still get in.

Also, if you're accepted from the waitlist please post it, so I know when they hand out offers! Apparently they do it in batches. 

Based on previous years threads, I don't think they ever send out rejections for those on the waitlist. Also based on previous threads, they don't accept many more people in batches at this point. Their program is likely full at this point and just a matter of people who have accepted/provisionally accepted backing out. 

42 minutes ago, PeachLaw said:

Based on previous years threads, I don't think they ever send out rejections for those on the waitlist. Also based on previous threads, they don't accept many more people in batches at this point. Their program is likely full at this point and just a matter of people who have accepted/provisionally accepted backing out. 

I called Osgoode today and they said the class is not full, but they’re getting there. As for movement on the waitlist, it depends on what the last batch of acceptances choose to do as well as how many people confirm their spot through their deposit. They said we may see movement this week/next week. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, PeachLaw said:

Pretty much. Maybe 1-3 spots max will become available. My friend from 2L/3L told me the class is basically full. 😖 I can’t say more to protect this individuals privacy. 

Edited by CatLady
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Waitlisted yesterday - no email just changed on student centre.

CGPA: 3.32

L2: 3.5

LSAT: 149,160,161

Filled out Part B

Edited by lawgal77

Waitlisted yesterday.

I applied access. 

Does anyone know if they may pull off waitlist?

cgpa 3.32

l2 3.64

lsat 159

They are pulling off the waitlist but how many depends on what the folks with the current offers do with theirs.

That said, the class is almost basically full, so I wonder why they’re still waitlisting people. They already have quite a few in the queue. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lawcat said:

Waitlisted yesterday.

I applied access. 

Does anyone know if they may pull off waitlist?

cgpa 3.32

l2 3.64

lsat 159

I emailed them. They said the wait pool is very large. I don’t see much movement. Last time they made an offer off the waitlist was May 13-15th. It’s been dead since. Unless you had an interview and did not end up waitlisted, I haven’t seen any offers.. 

Edited by CatLady
  • Sad 1

Was waitlisted May 23rd, Accepted May 31. 

Had provisionally accepted elsewhere, will be firm accepting Osgoode.