law04

Osgoode Waitlist 2019

Not to be a debbie downer, but I don't think it's a plus that we've been waitlisted. I just interpret it as "We're gonna fill our seats with the applicants that are in queue and if anyone backs out we'll take another look at you guys." But who knows lol

2 minutes ago, Beans2018 said:

Is it normal to still be "in queue" as of April 1st and not waitlisted?

I asked a bunch of my friends and they're still in queue so yea

13 hours ago, bebe97 said:

Not to be a debbie downer, but I don't think it's a plus that we've been waitlisted. I just interpret it as "We're gonna fill our seats with the applicants that are in queue and if anyone backs out we'll take another look at you guys." But who knows lol

I also kind of interpreted being waitlisted as essentially a rejection. If you're right and the spots that open up early April are going to be filled with people who are still in queue, in think our chances are slim to none. But, if the early April spots are going to be filled will people from our wait pool I think our chances are decent. 

• Like 1

I was looking at the waitlist forums from the past years and what people have been saying is that being waitlisted basically means that you're competitive but they want to look at all other applications before making an offer. So it's not a full out rejection but realistically they do have some applications to go through still so I'm losing a little hope. 

The waitlist tends to have some movement around May but from what I've seen in the past forums it's not a lot of people just a small handful.  

• Like 1

I mean it literally says this is where new offers will be drawn from.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, SlickRick said:

I mean it literally says this is where new offers will be drawn from.

Exactly- but I don't know if they mean all the new offers.

"Your file has been added to the wait pool from where new offers of admission will be drawn. Offers will depend on the availability of space in the class and a further review of your file in comparison to others in the pool. While decisions are made as expeditiously as possible, notification of an offer may occur at any time up to the start of classes."

Edited by canos

2 minutes ago, canos said:

Exactly- but I don't now if they mean all the new offers.

"Your file has been added to the wait pool from where new offers of admission will be drawn. Offers will depend on the availability of space in the class and a further review of your file in comparison to others in the pool. While decisions are made as expeditiously as possible, notification of an offer may occur at any time up to the start of classes."

In fairness, there is no way of knowing. To me, it makes sense that it would be all new offers, but I have no idea. I certainly don't think it is the equivalent to a rejection as others are suggesting, if that were the case, they'd reject us, I think it's as simple as that. Mind you, I'm not holding my breath, but I don't consider it as an outright rejection, I was outright rejected last year, there's a difference. 

• Like 1

Just now, SlickRick said:

In fairness, there is no way of knowing. To me, it makes sense that it would be all new offers, but I have no idea. I certainly don't think it is the equivalent to a rejection as others are suggesting, if that were the case, they'd reject us, I think it's as simple as that. Mind you, I'm not holding my breath, but I don't consider it as an outright rejection, I was outright rejected last year, there's a difference. 

When did you get the rejection email? Based on last year's threads, it seems like people were waitlisted indefinitely. 

2 minutes ago, Beans2018 said:

When did you get the rejection email? Based on last year's threads, it seems like people were waitlisted indefinitely. 

A wait list isn’t an outright rejection. You guys still have a chance. If you go through the acceptance threads of prior years you’ll see that people got accepted from both queue and waitlist throughout the summer. 

But you’re right in that some people just seemed to be on the waitlist forever. 

TLDR: you can still get accepted from waitlist and being waitlisted doesn’t mean your chances are worse than those still in queue. 

33 minutes ago, Beans2018 said:

I think I was rejected at the end of May.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, faoejfowjfjewaofjwa said:

I was looking at the waitlist forums from the past years and what people have been saying is that being waitlisted basically means that you're competitive but they want to look at all other applications before making an offer. So it's not a full out rejection but realistically they do have some applications to go through still so I'm losing a little hope. 

The waitlist tends to have some movement around May but from what I've seen in the past forums it's not a lot of people just a small handful.  

I agree with this, although I noticed a slight difference between this year and last year. Last year, people began being waitlisted April 3rd, which is after the April first deadline. Presumably, this was after those applicants were considered for early April spots following the April 1st deadline and didn't quite make the cut. This year, however, we were waitlisted on the 29th of March, presumably before decisions were made regarding the early April acceptances. I find this quite interesting. To me this could be mean that a) our group is being considered for the early April spots (unlike last year), or b) they already decided who they are offering the early April offers to (based on data from the previous years as to how many people reject offers, and thus how many new offers open up) and they simply informed us we didn't make the early April cut a little earlier this year. This is obviously pure speculation on my part. 

Edited by Lawstudent97
  • Like 1

I did a bit more analysis into the 2017 admissions cycle. In that cycle, students were put on the waitlist before the April 1st deadline. Many of those students received acceptances in the first two weeks of April. I am going to assume our cycle is similar. I'm going to hold out hope until around April 10th before preparing for the summer wait game. Hope this helps anyone trying to make sense of the waitlist process. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Lawstudent97 said:

I did a bit more analysis into the 2017 admissions cycle. In that cycle, students were put on the waitlist before the April 1st deadline. Many of those students received acceptances in the first two weeks of April. I am going to assume our cycle is similar. I'm going to hold out hope until around April 10th before preparing for the summer wait game. Hope this helps anyone trying to make sense of the waitlist process. 

Oh wow you are so right. I just went back and looked as well and like 70% of the people who were waitlisted in 2017 before April 1st were given an offer in the two weeks after or in the months following.  

Man I don't want to get my hopes up but this definitely gave me a tiny glimmer of hope. 

This may sound stupid, but I've read this whole thread and now I'm intrigued... I've been in queue since January 23 and I haven't been waitlisted yet - no movement on my file so it seems. Are we thinking that means that I have a more favourable chance of getting an outright acceptance? Or that I'm probably just going to get a rejection, being that they start taking off the waitlist mostly in April??

Just now, thesizzlingwok said:

This may sound stupid, but I've read this whole thread and now I'm intrigued... I've been in queue since January 23 and I haven't been waitlisted yet - no movement on my file so it seems. Are we thinking that means that I have a more favourable chance of getting an outright acceptance? Or that I'm probably just going to get a rejection, being that they start taking off the waitlist mostly in April??

Wondering this as well.  My file went into queue February 27th (wrote the January LSAT) and have not yet been waitlisted.

Posted (edited)

Waitlisted March 29

Cga/l.2: 3.63

LSAT 170

Feels bad :( let's keep our chin up though folks!

Edited by criss990
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, thesizzlingwok said:

4 minutes ago, burr0wn said:

Wondering this as well.  My file went into queue February 27th (wrote the January LSAT) and have not yet been waitlisted.

I've been in queue since November and I have not heard a single thing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, burr0wn said:

Ya like you'd think that it means we have better chances but the way Osgoode talks about their waitlist and the trends in past years of April acceptances sounds like its almost better to be waitlisted. 

2 minutes ago, criss990 said:

Waitlisted today. 

Cga/l.2: 3.63

LSAT 170

Feels bad :( let's keep our chin up though folks!

Email or OASIS change?