Jump to content
law04

Osgoode Waitlist 2019

Recommended Posts

Was put on the waitlist as of January 8th, 2019.

This seems pretty early, anyone else got put on the waitlist already?

cGPA 3.65

LSAT 157, 161

Pretty strong LOR and decent ECs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, law04 said:

Was put on the waitlist as of January 8th, 2019.

This seems pretty early, anyone else got put on the waitlist already?

cGPA 3.65

LSAT 157, 161

Pretty strong LOR and decent ECs

When was your file placed in queue for review? I've got a better LSAT score than you but a worse cGPA, and I've still been in queue since early November.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, law04 said:

Was put on the waitlist as of January 8th, 2019.

This seems pretty early, anyone else got put on the waitlist already?

cGPA 3.65

LSAT 157, 161

Pretty strong LOR and decent ECs

That's shocking. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any update, OP? My guess is it was an accident and a lot of us who haven't heard back yet are on an unofficial waitlist until they get more answers back from admitted students.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2019 at 8:53 AM, reassemblingMBS said:

Any update, OP? My guess is it was an accident and a lot of us who haven't heard back yet are on an unofficial waitlist until they get more answers back from admitted students.

Still no updates. I do plan to re-write in March, and that's noted on my application, so my guess is that i'm waitlisted until they see my March score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waitlisted as of March 29th. No email, just updated on Oasis. 

155, 3.6, filled out part B

pretty shocked they didn’t outright reject me tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also put on the waitlist. They said the people on the waitlist will be reevaluated and offers will be made from there when spots open up. 

162, 3.71CGPA, 3.8 L2 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was put on waitlist. 159 LSAT, 3.83 cGPA.

Already firmly accepted Western though, so I hope this gives the rest of you some extra spots! Goodluck!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waitlisted as well. 

166

CGPA: ~3.55

L2: ~3.6-7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wait I'm kind of confused. I realize this means I was waitlisted but after April 1st will spots open up and then we'll be reevaluated? Or is this like once all apps are reviewed and spots come up then I'll be reevaluated.

Also kind of a dumb question but does getting put on the waitlist this early mean we'll get off of it earlier? 

Edited by faoejfowjfjewaofjwa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waitlisted on 29th. My 2bd year in a row. Gearing up for the long waiting game.

Mature student. 160 lst. Part B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2019 at 5:03 PM, faoejfowjfjewaofjwa said:

Wait I'm kind of confused. I realize this means I was waitlisted but after April 1st will spots open up and then we'll be reevaluated? Or is this like once all apps are reviewed and spots come up then I'll be reevaluated.

Also kind of a dumb question but does getting put on the waitlist this early mean we'll get off of it earlier? 

I don't think the timing of when you get waitlisted has any bearing on when you'll hear back or whether you're more likely to be accepted. Osgoode doesn't rank their waitlisted candidates in the way that other schools do. 

As for when they will re-evaluate the waitlist, I'm not entirely sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you guys get an email saying a change has been made to your status or did you just check Oasis and saw that you were added to the "wait pool"? The latter happened to me and I don't know if this qualifies as having been "waitlisted" and more like, we're still in the game? Idk if I'm making any sense, super confused right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t get an email, just an update on Oasis. From the blurb on Oasis, it seems like a waitlist since we’ll be re-evaluated against the others in the wait pool. If this wasnt the case, wouldnt we be weighed against all the applicants?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Hopeful10101 said:

I didn’t get an email, just an update on Oasis. From the blurb on Oasis, it seems like a waitlist since we’ll be re-evaluated against the others in the wait pool. If this wasnt the case, wouldnt we be weighed against all the applicants?

Yea I guess so. I'm really curious as to whether it's a plus or a minus to be waitlisted as opposed to be in the queue like before.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...