cc2018

Accepted to Queens 2019

erinl2

A reminder that Accepted threads are for posting your stats only, and for brief questions related to the stats that someone posted, e.g., asking for L2. These threads are not the place for further discussion, which should be asked via PM or in a new thread. Off-topic posts will be deleted. Thank you for keeping these threads useful to future applicants.

Message added by erinl2

Just got the email!

cGPA: 3.73, LSAT 160. Ontario Resident. Okay EC's, great reference letters, strong personal statement.

Ontario resident.

Congrats everybody!

Accepted!

cGPA: 3.53 / 4

L2: 3/56 / 4

LSAT: 160, 164.

General. Submitted October 31st. Will be declining.

Edited by labr

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Hi Canada friends, just FYI, LSAC will shortly announce some major test-related developments:   The August LSAT will use the LSAT-Flex format Exams will be administered starting Saturday, August 29th, and most tests will be administered on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Score release is being targeted for Friday, September 18th, at 9 AM  Eastern.   There will be a score preview option for first time test takers only If you are taking the LSAT for the first time, you can get a score preview option (just like July of last year). Cost is $45 if you buy before the test, $75 after the first day of the test. Your score comes out with everyone else's score, and then you can decide to keep or cancel over the following 6 calendar days.   LSAT Writing is again required for score release When LSAC had problems with the administration of LSAT Writing, they dropped the requirement that you needed one on file to have your score released. That requirement is now being reinstated (apparently due to requests from law schools). So, to get your score for the August LSAT or later, you *must* have an LSAT Writing response on file. LSAT Writing will open up 8 days before each LSAT.   Interesting news for sure, especially the score preview being limited to first-timers only, and the reinstatement of LSAT writing as a requirement to get your score (and to have your scores released to schools).   Interesting news for sure!
    • I articled in-house at a municipal government and now work at a private firm doing comparable work. I've never had a disparaging comment about my articles and for many public law or administrative law related practice areas, specialized in-house experience is generally how many people get started. My articles were probably an advantage because I didn't have to waste time doing rotations in other practice areas which I had no interest and which have become irrelevant to what I actually do now.  I have heard from colleagues that it is different when you work in-house for a corporation, when the in-house legal department has a more limited mandate, so there might be some stigma there. But all in-house positions are different, and in insurance defence, for example, working in-house for an insurer has never seemed to be an issue for colleagues I know.  You just apply for government positions like any other. I've seen very rare examples however where people at the summer student level approached municipalities for positions and were later hired back without a more formal recruit
    • Just so people are aware, the Dean sent out an email containing the following today:    “Incoming Class of 2023    I am pleased to report that, as of yesterday, our incoming class – the Class of 2023 – is complete and is made up of more than 300 talented, diverse, accomplished and eager new law students. An enthusiastic student-run Orientation Committee, lead by O-Week Chairs Victor Turcanu, Sydney McIvor and Cory Soininen, is busy developing an exciting events schedule to welcome the first-years. Orientation starts on August 27 and classes – predominantly online – will begin on August 31.“  It seems likely that no more movement from the Waitlist will occur.   
    • don't give up. The applicant pool is different every year.
    • Well these are partner schools of Windsor and both offer law exchange opportunities. The site explains how it works, but i was hoping to get a student perspective on it.