Jump to content
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Recent Posts

    • I suggest preparing for questions like “what is the role of the Crown”, behavioural/situational questions, questions where you’re asked to explain what skills and experiences you have that would make you a good summer student. The Crown Prosecutions Manual may be a good thing to skim over, although I’m not saying you have to study it indepth. 
    • If there are one spot left and who would you pick? Assume LOR and EC etc are about the same.. A. 160  only score   3.75 B2 and 3.5 cGPA B. 160 only score   3.75 B2,  and 3.3 cGPA I had 3.47 cGPA, 3.74 B2 161 highest and was wait listed. (2012) My average score was 156.3 cGPA most likely a  factor. My own observation ONLY.  cGPA above 3.6 with B2 3.65 and 160 may be more competitive than A or B above. There may be many other factors admission comm looked at that could affect your chances.  e.g. Averaged LSAT - Applicant' file  with 160 (only score) will be read ahead of 160 highest score (157 average score) That was what happened to my application.  Other categories?  What if B above is  Access category or Indigenous Category ? The stats for applicant pool is slightly different each cycle. School like Queens should have no problem to fill up the top 60% to 75% .  It is not easy to predict the chance of Borderline applicants (like myself) and other categories. There may be over 100 applicants  that are borderline and other categories fighting the remaining 25% to 40% spots.         Do you still think B2 is the actually just  B2? As a matter fact, I think cGPA is always a factor.  
    • The deadline was Friday.
    • I work in-house in Toronto so I have no information about salaries in Vancouver. Salaries for articling positions here for in-house positions and union side firms range between about $1300 to 1700 a week. For associate and in-house lawyer positions the starting range is likely between $85,000 to 115,000, depending on the size of the firm or union. I suspect that Vancouver would pay slightly less than these figures.  When we're hiring articling students we look for students with a commitment to union side labour. Your cover letters should clearly specify that this is the area of law you're interested in and explain the reasons why. Additionally, we value mooting quite a bit since labour law generally involves quite a bit of litigation. If you don't already have a 2L summer position lined up, you might also want to reach out to some unions in your area to see if their legal departments or labour relations officer departments hire summer students. That experience would look great on a CV.  Happy to answer any other questions you may have. Good luck. 
    • I know. I believe the rest of mine were curved.

×
×
  • Create New...