Jump to content
Riam

Missing transcript- when should I contact admin (again)?

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I noticed a couple weeks ago one of my references and my transcripts where not showing on my online application as having been received (no date indicating they were). 

Last Wednesday, Jan 2, I emailed to ask about it. I see that my reference now has a date under received, but my transcript does not (it was sent Dec 17). It has been received by another school which is farther away and my uni shows the transcript as being sent/completed.

I don't want to be a bother, so I'm wondering how long I should wait before contacting them again? Should I call or email? (They didn't respond to the last email, I only saw that the reference had been added as I check like everyday, hah). I'm just worried they wont be considering my application until this is cleared up. 

Thank you for your help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Riam said:

Hello,

I noticed a couple weeks ago one of my references and my transcripts where not showing on my online application as having been received (no date indicating they were). 

Last Wednesday, Jan 2, I emailed to ask about it. I see that my reference now has a date under received, but my transcript does not (it was sent Dec 17). It has been received by another school which is farther away and my uni shows the transcript as being sent/completed.

I don't want to be a bother, so I'm wondering how long I should wait before contacting them again? Should I call or email? (They didn't respond to the last email, I only saw that the reference had been added as I check like everyday, hah). I'm just worried they wont be considering my application until this is cleared up. 

Thank you for your help!

I would wait until the end of the week! Just because with the holidays, they're likely catching up with stuff received over the break. 

Can I ask how you checked your application status? I never received an email with how to access it! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LLawS said:

I would wait until the end of the week! Just because with the holidays, they're likely catching up with stuff received over the break. 

Can I ask how you checked your application status? I never received an email with how to access it! 

You're right about the holiday rush. I didn't want to be too pushy in case they're still busy. I guess I just keep getting anxious that if this isn't done now people will start getting accepted tomorrow and I'll miss out. 

As for checking the application, do you mean on MyTru or the status? Because I don't see an area to check the "status" unless you mean how to access your Tru account? 

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Riam said:

You're right about the holiday rush. I didn't want to be too pushy in case they're still busy. I guess I just keep getting anxious that if this isn't done now people will start getting accepted tomorrow and I'll miss out. 

As for checking the application, do you mean on MyTru or the status? Because I don't see an area to check the "status" unless you mean how to access your Tru account? 

Cheers!

That’s a fair worry! I’ve been thinking that way too and checking on things a lot more than I’d care to admit! 

I should probably clarify- in your original post you stated you were able to see the date where your reference was received and to check your transcript, but I’m wondering how you’re accessing that. When I login, it shows me my application but there’s nowhere for me to look at/click on anything! I was wondering how you can see your transcript and reference status?

thanks so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LLawS said:

That’s a fair worry! I’ve been thinking that way too and checking on things a lot more than I’d care to admit! 

I should probably clarify- in your original post you stated you were able to see the date where your reference was received and to check your transcript, but I’m wondering how you’re accessing that. When I login, it shows me my application but there’s nowhere for me to look at/click on anything! I was wondering how you can see your transcript and reference status?

thanks so much!

Sure thing! So I go to the website (https://www.tru.ca/law.html) and click on the top right link that says "MyTru". There I use the account provided to me. It begins with T00 and ends in 6 other numbers (So like T00xxxxxx). I received this log in through email and I set up a new password. 

When I sign on I follow these buttons/links:

Check Application Status > Review Application> Fall 2019 (Sep-Dec)> Then I scroll down to the bottom which shows a row that says:

Requirement Received Note Status

Listed under Requirement is: Lsat Results, Transcripts, References, Resumes, etc.

Under "Received" is the date in which TRU has received/documented them. My transcript is the only one that does not have a date. 

If you don't have the T00xxxxxx account number perhaps either go through the emails they sent you again, check your junk/spam, or email them and ask for access! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Riam said:

Sure thing! So I go to the website (https://www.tru.ca/law.html) and click on the top right link that says "MyTru". There I use the account provided to me. It begins with T00 and ends in 6 other numbers (So like T00xxxxxx). I received this log in through email and I set up a new password. 

When I sign on I follow these buttons/links:

Check Application Status > Review Application> Fall 2019 (Sep-Dec)> Then I scroll down to the bottom which shows a row that says:

Requirement Received Note Status

Listed under Requirement is: Lsat Results, Transcripts, References, Resumes, etc.

Under "Received" is the date in which TRU has received/documented them. My transcript is the only one that does not have a date. 

If you don't have the T00xxxxxx account number perhaps either go through the emails they sent you again, check your junk/spam, or email them and ask for access! :) 

Thank you SO much. I really appreciate this!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LLawS said:

Thank you SO much. I really appreciate this!

It's no trouble at all. I'm here if you have any other questions!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I was creeping on this post and am wondering where you guys obtained an account for myTRU. I never received an email after submitting my application. I e-mailed admissions but who knows when they'll have time to reply.

Thanks in advance!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kmon said:

Hi,

I was creeping on this post and am wondering where you guys obtained an account for myTRU. I never received an email after submitting my application. I e-mailed admissions but who knows when they'll have time to reply.

Thanks in advance!

 

 

If you didn't get an email and have contacted admissions I think all you can do is wait right now, sorry :( But you should check your spam/junk folder just in case. Or just search "TRU" in your email. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: My transcripts are showing as received today! Huzzah!! :) Thank you all for your support & responses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 9:37 PM, LLawS said:

Thank you SO much. I really appreciate this!

 

On 1/7/2019 at 9:32 PM, Riam said:

Sure thing! So I go to the website (https://www.tru.ca/law.html) and click on the top right link that says "MyTru". There I use the account provided to me. It begins with T00 and ends in 6 other numbers (So like T00xxxxxx). I received this log in through email and I set up a new password. 

When I sign on I follow these buttons/links:

Check Application Status > Review Application> Fall 2019 (Sep-Dec)> Then I scroll down to the bottom which shows a row that says:

Requirement Received Note Status

Listed under Requirement is: Lsat Results, Transcripts, References, Resumes, etc.

Under "Received" is the date in which TRU has received/documented them. My transcript is the only one that does not have a date. 

If you don't have the T00xxxxxx account number perhaps either go through the emails they sent you again, check your junk/spam, or email them and ask for access! :) 

Hey! I was wondering how you got a T00xxxxxx number? Is it the same as the application number from the provincial website? Don't seem to see it anywhere on my emails from TRU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AHMcd22 said:

 

Hey! I was wondering how you got a T00xxxxxx number? Is it the same as the application number from the provincial website? Don't seem to see it anywhere on my emails from TRU.

Hello,

Mine was given to me in the emails with instructions. Check your junk folder, but if it isn't in there you can contact TRU and request it + the instructions on how to set up your MyTru account. 
Hope that helps, cheers :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×