Hello all,

Forgive me if this seems like a completely obvious answer - are fall grades (2018) automatically sent to law schools/viewable by law schools, or do we need to do some action on our end? Such as re-sending a transcript or calling schools. 

Posted (edited)

I found on OLSAS that all applicants need to resubmit via a transcript request for an updated version to be sent to the schools (same place you originally requested when you first applied)! I’m just wondering if that still applies if people have already been accepted though? Still looking for that info but I’ll update on here if I find it :)

Edited by e0813

You MUST send your fall grades to OLSAS from your undergraduate institution. Get on it now since the deadline is soon, if I remember correctly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The deadline to send in fall grades is February 1st, and the deadline for winter grades is June 30th. You need to submit requests for these transcripts even if you've received offers. More information here.

• Thanks 1

Does this apply for a Masters degree as well? I'm currently doing my Masters and am now wondering if any action needs to be taken on my end?

11 minutes ago, MC123 said:

Does this apply for a Masters degree as well? I'm currently doing my Masters and am now wondering if any action needs to be taken on my end?

Same question! I know (for sure - because I emailed and asked) Calgary and Alberta need grad transcripts. I also asked UBC and they said they don't need grad transcripts (my file is complete without my fall grad grades). OLSAS website (https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/olsas-transcript/) says that grad transcripts don't need to be assessed by WES, which makes me think that we still would need to send them in. 

For those who have requested a new transcript with their fall grades, how do you pay the transcript fee? Do I follow the same steps as before and click on the "Review and Submit" tab on OLSAS?

5 hours ago, AC1997 said:

For those who have requested a new transcript with their fall grades, how do you pay the transcript fee? Do I follow the same steps as before and click on the "Review and Submit" tab on OLSAS?

Yes! I just did it today, you go under transcript requests and then review and submit and then you have to enter your credit card info (to pay the $12 fee) before it goes through! And then your account becomes inaccessible after you submit while everything "processes"!

• Thanks 1

On 1/7/2019 at 1:15 PM, Littlelegal said:

And does anyone know whether OLSAS updates your cgpa calculation with the updated marks?

I too am keen to know this - I imagine they would if you haven't already been accepted?

On 1/7/2019 at 4:43 PM, labr said:

Same question! I know (for sure - because I emailed and asked) Calgary and Alberta need grad transcripts. I also asked UBC and they said they don't need grad transcripts (my file is complete without my fall grad grades). OLSAS website (https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/olsas-transcript/) says that grad transcripts don't need to be assessed by WES, which makes me think that we still would need to send them in. 

Ah well I decided to pay the $12 and send my fall grades! I don't think there's anything to lose :) 

On 1/7/2019 at 2:15 PM, Littlelegal said:

And does anyone know whether OLSAS updates your cgpa calculation with the updated marks?

I am also interested in knowing the answer to this! 

Posted (edited)

Not to sound cheap but York charges me $15 every time I request my transcript. At the end of the day, that's $45! 

**EDIT** I just re-read my post. I do sound cheap.

Edited by keithdavis

16 hours ago, keithdavis said:

Not to sound cheap but York charges me $15 every time I request my transcript. At the end of the day, that's $45! 

**EDIT** I just re-read my post. I do sound cheap.

While ya, on one hand its like whatever its 45 bucks - but man oh man I feel ya. Between sending in applications and LSAT fees and transcripts and sending in more transcripts (and then spring transcripts). While individually they're not massive amounts of money, my word, altogether it becomes SO MUCH CASH😵

And it's not even the money. It's the principal. Many schools don't even charge. The fact that York charges $15 every time they send an electronic file is brutal... it'd be different if it was on some fancy paper from Papyrus or some shit.  

• Haha 1

does anyone know if you should select hold for fall grades, or select immediately? I can already see my grades on my unofficial transcript, but I just wanna be sure 

1 hour ago, Majd3 said:

does anyone know if you should select hold for fall grades, or select immediately? I can already see my grades on my unofficial transcript, but I just wanna be sure 

Do you mean when you request a transcript on OLSAS? If so, then do immediately, there shouldn't be a problem with your grades not being ready if they're showing up on unofficial transcripts.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Majd3 said:

I selected "end of term-fall" just to be safe even though I saw mine on my unofficial transcript! I just checked and it was received by OLSAS today just 2 days after requesting it :) I'm sure either one will work though!

• Thanks 1