cgoppy

Careers in Criminal Law

1 hour ago, Malicious Prosecutor said:

Easy with the "gotcha" type questions.  It's not unusual, particularly in the US, to treat college and university as synonyms.

Heh, that did sound like a gotcha. 

It wasn’t. I applied to law school over fifteen years ago. Maybe the rules have changed. It happens.

For example, you aren’t limited to three writes of the LSAT anymore, but I didn’t know that until some one on this forum mentioned it. 

2 hours ago, Eeee said:

I've never heard a Canadian post secondary grad mix up college and university. 

Anyway it's not uncommon for people to use the forum as an exercise in roleplaying/ wish fulfillment, which seems more and more likely given the weirdness and inconsistencies in OP's story. 

Which inconsistencies are you talking about? Here in the U.S. we term college and university the same, as in liberal arts college.

2 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

Which College did you graduated from? What was your LSAT and which law schools in Canada were you accepted to? 

I graduated from McGill, my LSAT score was in the mid 160s, I was accepted to University of Ottawa School of Law. I forgot which other Canadian Law School. It's been so long.

25 minutes ago, cgoppy said:

Which inconsistencies are you talking about? Here in the U.S. we term college and university the same, as in liberal arts college.

I graduated from McGill, my LSAT score was in the mid 160s, I was accepted to University of Ottawa School of Law. I forgot which other Canadian Law School. It's been so long.

ok

On 1/8/2019 at 4:11 PM, cgoppy said:

Are you a US based lawyer?

No. 

On 1/8/2019 at 4:35 PM, habsfan93 said:

I don't doubt your anecdote(s), but your suggestion that there is a major qualitative difference between lawyers in the US versus Canada such that a junior running a murder trial trial in the US is ho hum is ridiculous!  

I am not saying it is ho hum. I am saying it is no guarantee of competence or skill.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 11:25 AM, Eeee said:

I've never heard a Canadian post secondary grad mix up college and university. 

Anyway it's not uncommon for people to use the forum as an exercise in roleplaying/ wish fulfillment, which seems more and more likely given the weirdness and inconsistencies in OP's story. 

I went to a US university for undergrad and refer to my time there as “college”. It wouldn’t strike me as odd whatsoever if somebody who has spent considerable time in the US referred to undergrad as college.

• Like 2