Sign in to follow this  
SlickRick

Email received that they are reviewing my application

5 minutes ago, LuckyCommander said:

I am in the same boat as you.

Everything in my to-do list says "initiated" 

Not that I think the information is absolutely paramount, I am curious. I have tried calling admissions twice but have not been successful. Anyone else feel free.

53 minutes ago, Matureplus said:

Mine just says referred for review, are we thinking this is a bad sign?

This is my first time applying so I do not know much about the process, but I think its too early for anything to be considered a bad sign. At most I think it means that they havent begun to review your application quite yet, or maybe they have and its meaningless.. we dont know, just stay positive :)

2 hours ago, SlickRick said:

Everything in my to-do list says "initiated" 

All of my to-do list says that, as well. And, my status is: "Referred for Review".

Yeah it's weird that some of us have "Referred for Review" and others have "Referred - Admission Committee." I have the admissions committee one and I'm worried there might be a difference between the two of those. 

1 minute ago, faoejfowjfjewaofjwa said:

Yeah it's weird that some of us have "Referred for Review" and others have "Referred - Admission Committee." I have the admissions committee one and I'm worried there might be a difference between the two of those. 

Don't get too worried over it, one may succeed the other. The order of which, I couldn't predict. I sent an email and have called 3 times. Hopefully I get a response soon.

I got through to someone. "Referred for Review" just means the university has the application and they are putting in the information. She indicated that it should not read this way on the portal and that they are working on fixing it. "Referred - Admissions Committee" means the previous step has occurred, been completed, and the contents of the application are given to the law school for review. The law school has nothing to do with the former step. 

Edited by SlickRick
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Quinn43 said:

Mine says "Pending Review" ... oof

That's probably step 1 of what appears to be a 3 step process. But I'm just speculating. 

1) Pending Review

2) Referred for Review

3) Referred - Admissions Committee

• Like 1

Just now, Gggfg said:

Where are people seeing these statuses? Mine just says "complete"

Admissions > Application Status > Status

7 minutes ago, SlickRick said:

Admissions > Application Status > Status

Yeah it says "complete" for me...

22 hours ago, SlickRick said:

I got through to someone. "Referred for Review" just means the university has the application and they are putting in the information. She indicated that it should not read this way on the portal and that they are working on fixing it. "Referred - Admissions Committee" means the previous step has occurred, been completed, and the contents of the application are given to the law school for review. The law school has nothing to do with the former step. 

Did they say anything about if they are just beginning to look at applications as the email kind of led us to believe or? 

41 minutes ago, Hopeful987 said:

Did they say anything about if they are just beginning to look at applications as the email kind of led us to believe or? 

They didn't, unfortunately.