Sign in to follow this  
SlickRick

Email received that they are reviewing my application

Don't recall getting this last cycle. In any event: 

"Thank you for applying to the Faculty of Law at the University of Windsor. This letter is to inform you that we have received your application to our Juris Doctor program, class of 2022. Our admissions committee is reviewing your application carefully.

Windsor Law recently celebrated 50 years of teaching, research, advocacy and service. Since our start in 1968, Windsor Law has been dedicated to educating ethical, justice-seeking lawyers. Today, we continue to offer an enriching and inclusive law school experience where thought and action inspire a community that is passionate about achieving a more just and equitable world.

We take a student-focused approach to learning and critiquing law, working with marginalized people in Windsor and beyond through our clinics and externships, looking at the whole person in our admissions process, and providing a rigorous and dynamic legal education to our students. Our law school prides itself on preparing graduates for leadership and rounded success in every area of legal practice and beyond.

Windsor Law is a bridge for the study of transnational law (embracing our border city location, a significant comparative advantage), along with other disciplines including business and social work, and between law on the books and law in action in our communities.

Should your application be selected, you will be invited to join a people-centred law school, one which which houses over fifty student and faculty-initiated groups outside of the classroom. Together these groups boost Windsor Law’s commitment to our community and to your future experience as a legal professional."

Yup! Got this as well. They're probably JUST starting to review applications and wanted to let everyone know.

1 minute ago, SlickRick said:

I'm curious if it was sent to every applicant or if it was just sent to those that are referred. 

I only applied to the Dual JD, but as of right now I didn't get this email.

I did however get a "Seasons Greetings" email...

I received it this morning and was referred to admissions a few weeks ago. If this is their way of letting us know that they are just beginning to review the files, does this mean we won't expect to hear back until January?

3 minutes ago, mett said:

I only applied to the Dual JD, but as of right now I didn't get this email.

I did however get a "Seasons Greetings" email...

Thank you for the insight! 

Is there any difference between "referred for review" (this is what it says for me) and "referred to admissions"? 😕

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, emtee said:

Is there any difference between "referred for review" (this is what it says for me) and "referred to admissions"? 😕

I'm not sure quite honestly. I think last year it was just "referred to admissions committee" and this year, mine says "referred for review." Perhaps it's the same thing. Does anyone's actually say, "referred to admissions committee?"

1 minute ago, SlickRick said:

I'm not sure quite honestly. I think last year it was just "referred to admissions committee" and this year, mine says "referred for review." Perhaps it's the same thing. Does anyone's actually say, "referred to admissions committee?"

That's a good question, I think people are using the two interchangeably and I'm overthinking it all LOL

4 minutes ago, SlickRick said:

Mine says referred - admissions committee. Lsat and transcript are missing from the to do list now and the date says 12/10/2019. This happened a few weeks ago for mine and others, but if they are just beginning to review applications who knows it may just be the system.

• Thanks 1

Just now, emtee said:

That's a good question, I think people are using the two interchangeably and I'm overthinking it all LOL

Mine says Referred - Admissions Committee. I would assume that anyone stating they are referred to AdCom would have the same.

1 minute ago, Hopeful987 said:

Mine says referred - admissions committee. Lsat and transcript are missing from the to do list now and the date says 12/10/2019. This happened a few weeks ago for mine and others, but if they are just beginning to review applications who knows it may just be the system.

I am in the same boat as you.

5 minutes ago, emtee said:

Considering the above responses, perhaps not.

Edited by SlickRick
  • Like 1

also for me, only my transcript is missing and the date we're talking about says 20/09/2019