joshsans

Chances - General : B2 OLSAS 3.74, LSAT 159

Same as title. Wondering if it’s worth re writing in January/ if that would help or hurt my chances because of the timing delay. 

Edited by joshsans

33 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

General or Access? Applying with very similar stats (3.73 and 158) but I'm applying Access.

Oops, just read the title of the post. Best of luck! 

3 hours ago, joshsans said:

Same as title. Wondering if it’s worth re writing in January/ if that would help or hurt my chances because of the timing delay. 

What is your CGPA?

Queen's likes 3.3+ CGPA.

Definitely re-write if you can get a better LSAT.

12 minutes ago, NeverGiveUp said:

What is your CGPA?

Queen's likes 3.3+ CGPA.

Definitely re-write if you can get a better LSAT.

Do they like 3.3+ CPA for sure? I have never really seen that validated other than some comments. I've more often heard B2 is their primary focus. My cGPA is 3.2 but with medical documentation for my first-year performance. No supplementary essay, but doctors letter uploaded via SAM. 

Edited by joshsans

42 minutes ago, joshsans said:

Do they like 3.3+ CPA for sure? I have never really seen that validated other than some comments. I've more often heard B2 is their primary focus. My cGPA is 3.2 but with medical documentation for my first-year performance. No supplementary essay, but doctors letter uploaded via SAM. 

For general category, yes.

Queen's was a L2 school but changed to B2.

Western and Queen's were both L2 schools but if you have a close look into their acceptances in the past you can see Queen's focused more on CGPA than Western. 

30 minutes ago, NeverGiveUp said:

Western and Queen's were both L2 schools but if you have a close look into their acceptances in the past you can see Queen's focused more on CGPA than Western. 

Correlation or causation? Probably most people with fairly strong lsat, and strong L2 grades that received acceptances have strong / likely above 3.3 cGPA as well.  

59 minutes ago, NeverGiveUp said:

Where are you getting info about the L2 to B2 switch by queens?

3 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

I didn't get in with 3.47. 3.74 and 161 (2012 cycle)

It is subjective. 2 people of the same or similar stats can both be accepted or both be rejected, or one gets accepted and the other doesn't. Depends on PS and other factors that we can't see.

Also, I just want to point out that was 2012, we are way past that now haha.

Edited by CrimNation
Work keyboard is messed up.

Its hard to say exactly what will happen. I know someone who got in with similar stats (same LSAT, similar L2 gpa) but a higher cGPA, and they also came from a science/engineering undergrad. So it all depends, but I'd say rewrite just to be safe.