Sign in to follow this  
rkathleen

Chances- 91.2 Index, 84.5 GPA 161 LSAT

Hi all,

Wondering what my chances are of admittance to UBC. I took the November LSAT and got 161. I called and they said that puts me "on the cusp" but I'm not sure if that's because they're being cautious with promising admission.

What are my chances? My personal statement (I believe) is good. Also- I'm coming from UVic where percents are given and that's how I calculated my grade. Should I have used the lower end percent of the grade instead? (So for an 95 percent should I have calculated it as a 90?)

Thanks so so much

20 hours ago, rkathleen said:

Hi all,

Wondering what my chances are of admittance to UBC. I took the November LSAT and got 161. I called and they said that puts me "on the cusp" but I'm not sure if that's because they're being cautious with promising admission.

What are my chances? My personal statement (I believe) is good. Also- I'm coming from UVic where percents are given and that's how I calculated my grade. Should I have used the lower end percent of the grade instead? (So for an 95 percent should I have calculated it as a 90?)

Thanks so so much

Yes, you use the lower end percent of the grade. But you can get UBC to give you a confirmed GPA - you should just do that. Personal statement doesn't matter.

91.2 is right around the cut-off for being admitted/rejected. So you are literally on the cusp, they are not being cautious. If you calculated your GPA using the higher end of the percent grade, then your UBC GPA will be much lower and you are definitely going to need to rewrite to get in.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this helps, but for me my 94's (A+) got calculated as 90's and my 87's (A) got an 85, so my GPA was much lower when I confirmed it with UBC than using my school's guide even though it was on the official transcript. 

• Like 1