yeezy

Decision pending

6 hours ago, PBateman411 said:

Talked to admissions this morning about when offers will be sent out. Offers are only being sent out to people who have written the LSAT before Nov 2018 and are not in school. The Nov 2018 and Jan 2019 people are in the same boat and won't be receiving offers until after the Feb.1 document deadline. 

That is so disappointing. I know in my case they've received all my documents, and I'm out of school, so basically I won't be receiving a response until at least February all because I wanted to rewrite and improve on the LSAT... 

9 minutes ago, LLawS said:

That is so disappointing. I know in my case they've received all my documents, and I'm out of school, so basically I won't be receiving a response until at least February all because I wanted to rewrite and improve on the LSAT... 

I don't recall a section on the application for future test dates. It sounds like as long as you have written at least once before November 2018 and you're not in school then you could receive an offer before Feb 1st. I would assume that if you did write in November or January, your file will be updated and you would be re-ranked after Feb 1st with a new index score. 

2 hours ago, SciLaw said:

I don't recall a section on the application for future test dates. It sounds like as long as you have written at least once before November 2018 and you're not in school then you could receive an offer before Feb 1st. I would assume that if you did write in November or January, your file will be updated and you would be re-ranked after Feb 1st with a new index score. 

I feel like I must’ve indicated it somewhere because I don’t remember having any applications where I didn’t tell them I was rewriting. I think I’ll call and ask them about my particular situation! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Posts

• I was told that schools can accept you based on your current LSAT if they think it is good enough (even if you have indicated writing a future one). I know Ottawa told me this! However, I'm not sure what Osgoodes, Queens and Westerns policies are.  
    • Huge difference between demands inherent to the job, demands inherent to realistic but difficult (for many) demands of the firm, and demands inherent to unrealistic demands of the firm. Especially when employer demands worsen the service delivered to the client, either or both in terms of quality or fees charged. Let me ask this: if a client is paying for e.g. litigation counsel for a 2-week trial, should they reasonably expect that the lawyer is dealing with that trial solely, getting enough sleep, not distracted by other work matters, for instance, and that the firm should support that? Or should the lawyer be expected to, on evenings and weekends and during lunch, instead of recharging and preparing for the next part of the trial, be working on other matters? A Toronto boutique example albeit from years ago, a senior lawyer at my firm had a weeklong trial adjourned at the last minute (opposing counsel had a sudden health issue or something). He was able to take a sudden weeklong vacation, because the trial had been the sole thing he was preparing for that week. Now, that's litigation, not more solicitor-sided work, and not NYC. But paying large amounts for tired lawyers working more slowly than they would if well-rested may be good for the employer, but it's not good for the lawyers or the client. Everyone has times when they have to work long hours without rest, be it an emergency motion or deal or whatever. But that should be when necessary due to the demands of the situation, not the demands of the employer. Of course, my views on this may relate to why I'm not practising law FT anymore...  EDIT: and to try to relate to the topic of this thread, let's say a woman lawyer is being very ethical and is saying, hey, I have a trial going on now, I need to focus on this. Will she be more likely to be considered a less-hard-working prima donna, as compared to a man, who's going to be seen as focusing on the job? Or will they both be seen as slackers?
    • in Queens and Western most likely OZ too