CrimNation

How Many More Options?

Which schools still accept applications in 2019 for the September 2019 starting class? I know Windsor Dual is one of them. What else? 

It would be super helpful if someone can list them down by name and deadline. This can help me and the others.

I found Dal, UNB, and Tru thus far but I’m definitely missing some more.  

Also quick lsat question - is the March 2019 lsat taken into consideration for the Fall 2019 class? Or is January 2019 the last one? 

Thanks for those who contribute to this post :) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CrimNation said:

Which schools still accept applications in 2019 for the September 2019 starting class? I know Windsor Dual is one of them. What else? 

It would be super helpful if someone can list them down by name and deadline. This can help me and the others.

I found Dal, UNB, and Tru thus far but I’m definitely missing some more.  

Also quick lsat question - is the March 2019 lsat taken into consideration for the Fall 2019 class? Or is January 2019 the last one? 

Thanks for those who contribute to this post :) 

UVic - I believe their application deadline is January 15th.

The Fall 2019 class January 2019 LSAT is the last one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok thank you, it means a lot, honestly. 

If anyone comes up with a couple more - toss them in! 

11 hours ago, CrimNation said:

It would be super helpful if someone can list them down by name and deadline.

... why don't you just do this? Why are you asking other people to do your google search for you?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

... why don't you just do this? Why are you asking other people to do your google search for you?

I clearly stated that I found a few on my own but If I missed any it would be nice if someone can contribute. 

We can’t work as a team? What’s the point of this website then? 

This post can help others who are applying as well. Especially first-timers. 

And for everyone who liked his/her comment - I hope this post answers your support to his/her comment. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

why so nasty? people ask for help on here literally every day. granted, OP could've done this on his/her own, but that takes away from the whole point of a forum. there are people who could use the information and might not know it exists until they see it. no need to be so rude! 

Edited by emtee
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, CrimNation said:

I clearly stated that I found a few on my own but If I missed any it would be nice if someone can contribute. 

And for everyone who liked his/her comment - I hope this post answers your support to his/her comment. 

Except you didn’t even contribute what you were asking for. You asked for dates and didn’t provide them. 

2 hours ago, CrimNation said:

No, it doesn’t answer it. 

I think the point of this website is:

-to get moral support, advice and different perspectives on various issues pertaining to law school applications, law study, job searching, articling and practice

-to gather statistics and anecdotes related to the above that may not be available elsewhere

-to communicate with a variety of people at these various stages of the profession in different parts of the country you might not otherwise have the chance to know 

I don’t think the “point” of it is to request information that is readily available. There is a list of law schools here and it should not be hard to visit the website of each and find the application deadlines. Law is a profession that values independence and research skills.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, providence said:

I think the point of this website is:

-to get moral support, advice and different perspectives on various issues pertaining to law school applications, law study, job searching, articling and practice

-to gather statistics and anecdotes related to the above that may not be available elsewhere

-to communicate with a variety of people at these various stages of the profession in different parts of the country you might not otherwise have the chance to know 

I don’t think the “point” of it is to request information that is readily available. There is a list of law schools here and it should not be hard to visit the website of each and find the application deadlines. Law is a profession that values independence and research skills.

I agree with what you are saying but it doesn’t hurt to ask/post. Only mods should really have the final say here.

Thanks to those who contribute(d) to this post. It is much appreciated and I hope we can all benefit from this thread. 

OP: if you have a more complete list now, maybe post it here for others? I think the French JD program at uOttawa usually has extended deadlines into 2019 as well. Or at least they used to. 

Edited by whereverjustice
please leave the moderating to the moderators

8 hours ago, CrimNation said:

I agree with what you are saying but it doesn’t hurt to ask/post. Only mods should really have the final say here.

Thanks to those who contribute(d) to this post. It is much appreciated and I hope we can all benefit from this thread. 

one google search for about two seconds:

http://www.oxfordseminars.ca/LSAT/lsat_profiles.php

You're welcome. (I would still verify with the schools that the info is up to date of course.....)

1 hour ago, providence said:

one google search for about two seconds:

You're welcome. (I would still verify with the schools that the info is up to date of course.....)

Thanks. I already saw that website. I was just making sure. I checked each school individually and it seems like everything is on par. 

4 hours ago, ericontario said:

OP: if you have a more complete list now, maybe post it here for others? I think the French JD program at uOttawa usually has extended deadlines into 2019 as well. Or at least they used to. 

Tbh, the link Providence sent was perfect. I checked each school individually and the stats are still up-to-date.

2 hours ago, NeverGiveUp said:

But the deadlines are not correct for UBC, Manitoba and Western so the information there is out of date.

UWO and Manitoba are correct. What do you mean?

I see that TRU is definitely not 100% right - it is November 1st for early consideration but Feb. 10 for all applications to be officially in.

Edited by CrimNation

Leaving aside everything else, this thread is really an example of why you should do your own homework. 

Are you really going to trust your future to the hearsay of pseudonymous internet users who are in direct competition with you? 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CrimNation said:

UWO and Manitoba are correct. What do you mean?

I see that TRU is definitely not 100% right - it is November 1st for early consideration but Feb. 10 for all applications to be officially in.

It shows UWO's deadline is January 15 and Manitoba's deadline is November 1st.

The correct information is that UWO's deadline is November 1st and Manitoba's deadline is December 1st.

UBC's deadline is correct - December 1st.

Edited by NeverGiveUp