Alias

[Rate My] Upper Year Courses - contract/copyright/advocacy?

I take into consideration Rate My Prof and Os course evaluations when I pick courses. I was trying to find insight into a couple upper year courses that have no information. Anybody have anything to say about the following?

- Copyright (Bandopadhyay): terrifies me to see there's a take-home AND formal exam. 

- Contract Remedies (ffrench, Dougan, Richards)

- Advocacy + Criminal Trial (Greene, Trehearne)

If that last one is the new name for Trial Ad, check those ratings. Trial Ad is one of, if not the, top rated courses at Oz.

Contract Remedies is excellent and all of the profs were great (though in your current list I only recognize ffrench). Definitely recommend. But it’s a challenge so be prepared for that. The good news is that evaluation was pretty broad (3 short memos, 3 short oral presentations structured as appellate advocacy, and a final take-home assignment), so you have plenty of opportunity to pick up marks. And because it’s not a large class the curve isn’t a B curve but the same curve as a seminar. 

• Like 1

@Ryn

Did you have Rory as a prof? He's a smart guy and was a classmate of mine at U of T.

2 hours ago, erinl2 said:

@Ryn

Did you have Rory as a prof? He's a smart guy and was a classmate of mine at U of T.

I did! He was a great prof and made the class really interesting.