erinl2

A reminder that Accepted threads are for posting your stats only and for brief questions related to the stats that someone posted, e.g., L2.  These threads are not a place for further discussion, which should be asked via PM, or a new thread. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.  Thank you, from the mod team.

Message added by erinl2

GUYS. I couldn’t be happier, and shocked, to be posting this.... but I was accepted today!

cGPA with drops: 84.5 

LSAT: 161

Index: 91.2

(sorry if admin believes this is extraneous) but I called admissions mid-February and was told I was very very high on the waitlist and would hear before end of March. She mentioned they had read my personal statement, so perhaps they aren’t all numbers. Either way, so so happy! Accepted already, the deadline to accept was April 2. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, rkathleen said:

GUYS. I couldn’t be happier, and shocked, to be posting this.... but I was accepted today!

(sorry if admin believes this is extraneous) but I called admissions mid-February and was told I was very very high on the waitlist and would hear before end of March. She mentioned they had read my personal statement, so perhaps they aren’t all numbers. Either way, so so happy! Accepted already, the deadline to accept was April 2. 

omg congrats!! I've seen your posts many times, so happy to see you heard back with good news!!

Edited by AlpacaWhisperer
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, rkathleen said:

SO exciting!!! Congrats!! Did you have ‘special circumstances’/related documentation in your PS or straight regular category? Really happy for you, well done.

12 minutes ago, Malarchy said:

SO exciting!!! Congrats!! Did you have ‘special circumstances’/related documentation in your PS or straight regular category? Really happy for you, well done.

Just regular category! No other documentation. My PS talks about a lot of the inequity in my life, and I’ve worked on a ton of feminist causes so my PS was tailored to my interest in their feminist law program. So I think that was a huge factor :) 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cstrudel said:

Got an offer today!

GPA: 81.8% with drops (self-calculated)

LSAT: 167

(will be accepting)

• Like 1

Just got the offer today

GPA w/ drops: 82%

Lsat: 166

Probably will decline 

So we are already at 91.2 index acceptances? Is that strange relative to previous years? It seems like UBC weights the LSAT a heck of a lot more than GPA. 

19 minutes ago, ProjectSanderz52 said:

So we are already at 91.2 index acceptances? Is that strange relative to previous years? It seems like UBC weights the LSAT a heck of a lot more than GPA. 

This is definitely true, as someone with a lower LSAT and a higher than average GPA (index 91.34) I have yet to hear anything. Maybe I have a shot off the waitlist this year!

Congratulations to everyone who has received an offer! 🎊🎉🏆

12 minutes ago, justwant2belikebev said:

Accepted today.

B2: 3.84 

CGPA: 3.59 

LSAT: 165 (highest)

MA + very good ECs, work experience & volunteering. 

Congrats! Can you please share your gpa with drops? Thanks!!

• Like 1

Accepted just now 

International student 

cGPA 3.69(wes evaluation) without drops    83.1% with drops(self calculated)

LSAT 164(Jan.)

• Like 2

Accepted This Morning

LSAT: 158 (Sept), 155 (Nov), 163 (Jan)

GPA: 3.78/4.00 MacEwan 1st Year, 86.4% UBCO (without drops)

Discretionary Category

3rd Year Undergrad

Tough Decision Between UBC and Osgoode Now

Edited by Prince
  • Like 2

On 2/4/2019 at 10:18 AM, ELR said:

Or please confirm if the gpa of 84% is with drops

Hey, sorry for the late reply. 84% is with drops and index is 91.66 according to the calculator posted here. 

Looking for advice: Received an offer from UVic last week but really wanting to attend UBC, who I have yet to hear back from. My first time writing the LSAT was in January however, so I understand how this would push back the evaluation of my file. Should I contact UBC and ask for a timeline, or just leave it until closer to my UVic acceptance deadline?

Thanks in advance!!

Contact UBC, there is no harm in it and they will give you honest advice. It seems like you have a pretty competitive GPA and LSAT score as well so I'd say your chances are pretty good, but also letting them know that you have other offers may push them to process your application sooner. (no basis for that, but don't see why that couldn't happen)

On 3/19/2019 at 5:06 PM, KJR said:

This is definitely true, as someone with a lower LSAT and a higher than average GPA (index 91.34) I have yet to hear anything. Maybe I have a shot off the waitlist this year!

Congratulations to everyone who has received an offer! 🎊🎉🏆

This might be because they order the files for review with LSAT scores. Highest LSAT first and goes from there.

Got this from admissions.

Congrats to everyone who's in.

• Like 1