guelphgirl123

Referred to Admissions Committee

15 minutes ago, Riam said:

Update for anyone who is still following this. 

I emailed to make sure my files were received as I'm still sitting at Referred for Review and my To Do says "Initiated" on everything. 

I got an answer, which is the good news. So the file is complete but the email says I will get an update end of February. Not by the end of February, but AT the end. That late in the game is making me think it isn't good news :( 

Based on the people I’ve talked to in law school and Windsor specifically, end of February isn’t too late in the game. Acceptances go out all the way until the summer. I’ve also been told law schools do a passive review and acceptance of people with higher stats (LSATs/GPA) earlier in the game. 

Edited by romesmj4515

33 minutes ago, Riam said:

I emailed to make sure my files were received as I'm still sitting at Referred for Review and my To Do says "Initiated" on everything. 

I got an answer, which is the good news. So the file is complete but the email says I will get an update end of February. Not by the end of February, but AT the end. That late in the game is making me think it isn't good news :( 

Is this specific to those of you with Referred for Review or does this apply to those of us with Referred to Admissions Committee as well?

7 minutes ago, LuckyCommander said:

Is this specific to those of you with Referred for Review or does this apply to those of us with Referred to Admissions Committee as well?

Honestly, I'm not sure. I would think that Referred to Admissions would be closer to knowing, but people have said different things. I wanted to update for anyone my position who is checking everyday so that they know end of February could be a realistic time. But it's speculation.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, romesmj4515 said:

Based on the people I’ve talked to in law school and Windsor specifically, end of February isn’t too late in the game. Acceptances go out all the way until the summer. I’ve also been told law schools do a passive review and acceptance of people with higher stats (LSATs/GPA) earlier in the game. 

Thanks, that does help a bit. I didn't expect to be an early acceptance but I thought I'd hear something by now (from anyone!). What's a passive review/acceptance? 

1 hour ago, Riam said:

Dude. It’s January. Relax. This is by no means “late in the game” come on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riam said:

You could literally be admitted up until late August or even the first day of classes. Even April isnt "late in the game". Admissions is a marathon not a sprint. Just let it be and put it out of your mind. You'll have an aneurysm over thinking it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AJD19 said:

You could literally be admitted up until late August or even the first day of classes. Even April isnt "late in the game". Admissions is a marathon not a sprint. Just let it be and put it out of your mind. You'll have an aneurysm over thinking it.

You are right about that. I definitely need to learn to chill, haha. 

• Like 1

I am still referred for review as well, I am hoping to get on to the waitlist, as i know my grades and lsat are not competitive but, I am hoping my personal statement, and my letter of recommendations will take me at least to the waitlist.

35 minutes ago, IWantJD said:

I am still referred for review as well, I am hoping to get on to the waitlist, as i know my grades and lsat are not competitive but, I am hoping my personal statement, and my letter of recommendations will take me at least to the waitlist.

My GPA isn't the best (3.1 by the OLSAS, but higher depending on how other schools calculate). Lsat 163. I have no idea if my ps is strong, I mean, I think it is, haha. 

I was under the referred for review status for weeks, then the referred for admissions committee for about a week, then I was accepted. Going through the forums it seems that once you get to the referred for admissions committee stage, it should only be a matter of weeks before you get a decision

Has anyone been changed from "Referred for Review" to" Referred for Ad Comm" ?

Just now, onone said:

Has anyone been changed from "Referred for Review" to" Referred for Ad Comm" ?

Nope. Still sitting at Referred for Review. I imagine it will be this way until sometime after Feb 15.

Just now, Riam said:

Nope. Still sitting at Referred for Review. I imagine it will be this way until sometime after Feb 15.

If you're referring to January's LSAT score release - to my knowledge Windsor does not consider this score for Single JD admissions.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, onone said:

If you're referring to January's LSAT score release - to my knowledge Windsor does not consider this score for Single JD admissions.

I was referring to the January LSAT score, so that's really good to know! 

A little disheartening because I was using that in my mental gymnastics as to why I haven't been referred to admissions yet, haha. 

On 1/18/2019 at 5:47 PM, Riam said:

Thanks, that does help a bit. I didn't expect to be an early acceptance but I thought I'd hear something by now (from anyone!). What's a passive review/acceptance? 

Passive meaning they “automatically” accept people with high GPAs and LSATs, and then once that round of people are done, they’ll start going into the more careful review of applicants looking at their ECs and such in collaboration with the GPA/LSAT. I know this is true for Osgoode however because Windsor uses 7 different criteria, their process may differ. But friends of mine who are enrolled in Windsor told me it’s more or less the same.