jrfyfe

Accepted to Osgoode 2019

Ryn

A reminder that accepted threads are for posting your stats only and for brief questions related to the stats that someone posted (e.g., asking for L2). Off-topic posts will be deleted. 

Message added by Ryn

10 hours ago, reassemblingMBS said:

Just got accepted today via email! Here's allll the info:

3.43 cGPA, 3.9 L2  (first semester at a university I transferred out of was rough)

164 LSAT October / 160 LSAT January

Filled out Part B for equity and diversity. Masters degree, international student, decent but probably not great EC + PS.  

Initially went into queue in November but it reset when I took the January LSAT (which ended up being a worse score lol). I had an interview on March 27th 

if you dont mind sharing, what did they ask you during the interview?

6 hours ago, justincredible said:

if you dont mind sharing, what did they ask you during the interview?

Mostly about my grades at my first university, which is what I expected. They also had some general stock interview questions like, "Tell us about yourself," "Talk about a time you were in a leadership position..." "Tell us about a time you faced a challenging situation. How did you handle it?" etc. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Got the email yesterday!

3.6 cGPA 3.8 L2

151/161 LSAT

Strong ECs and PS I think 

General Category

Edited by bigDRIP
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, CatLady said:

Does anyone know roughly how many spots are left? 

can't say for sure 8 ball GIF by White Castle

Edited by AutumnBleed
  • Like 5

Or how many people are in the Osgoode Facebook group? Are the people in that group the ones who have accepted their offer of admission or just have been given an offer? 

19 hours ago, CatLady said:

Or how many people are in the Osgoode Facebook group? Are the people in that group the ones who have accepted their offer of admission or just have been given an offer? 

There's like 70 people in the facebook group right now. From what I can tell it's comprised of people who were offered admission, not excursive to those who accepted Osgoode.

Accepted, but likely declining! good luck everyone 

LSAT 161

cGPA 3.8 

L2 (self calculated) 3.95

ontario and general student, experience working in law firms

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

CGPA: 3.27 L2: 3.55 LSAT: 162 

Completed Part B. General category. Went into queue February 1. Received e-mail this morning

Good ECs, Good LORs

Edited by LaurenH
  • Like 2

Accepted this morning. 166 LSAT, 3.7 L2 and 3.53 cGpa. Weak extra curriculars, good work experience and filled out the diversity statement part of the application. 

Posted (edited)

Also got accepted this morning. OLSAS GPA 2.5, 153 LSAT, close to 20 years of work experience (FT/PT), MSc with 3.8 GPA, publications, research, professional seminars, entrepreneurship, excellent references and PS. Filled out all the extra stuff on various categories. 

Good luck to everyone waiting :)

Edited by zoobalezoo63
  • Like 9

On 4/16/2019 at 4:44 AM, ladyliberty said:

Accepted, but likely declining! good luck everyone 

LSAT 161

cGPA 3.8 

L2 (self calculated) 3.95

ontario and general student, experience working in law firms

What is the deadline for your response ? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, barmayu said:

Hi! Got an acceptance this morning.

congrats! how was the interview and how long did it take to get the result back if you dont mind sharing

58 minutes ago, justincredible said:

congrats! how was the interview and how long did it take to get the result back if you dont mind sharing

Thanks. 

The interview was conducted in a very friendly manner. I was supposed to speak about my previous experience, my ability to study again, provided I've been out of formal academic environment for more than 10 years. Took about 30 min there and 6 days to get the letter.

• Like 1

Just got my offer yesterday morning!  I am a mature student with 163 LSAT score and have never been to university so I have no other stats.  I had an interview on April 17 so it took me 6 days to hear back (and that was with the long weekend).  Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear news.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, noneoftheabove said:

Just got my offer yesterday morning!  I am a mature student with 163 LSAT score and have never been to university so I have no other stats.  I had an interview on April 17 so it took me 6 days to hear back (and that was with the long weekend).  Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear news.

Congrats on that LSAT score! But never been to university? How does the application work for you?

On 4/24/2019 at 10:36 PM, thedraper said:

Congrats on that LSAT score! But never been to university? How does the application work for you? 

The same as everyone else, I assume!  I submitted my applications through OLSAS with my personal statement, references, resume, etc.  You don't actually have to put anything in the transcript section in order to submit an application.  Toronto rejected me outright, which was no surprise because they say on their website that in the past 10 years they haven't accepted anyone who doesn't have at least 2 years of an undergrad.  But then Osgoode invited me for an interview, which is apparently pretty common for mature students, and it went very well, in my view, and then they accepted me.  Which is nice, because if I hadn't gotten into law school, my next step was to get my two years of undergrad and apply again. I'd actually also applied and been accepted to Brock University, they were my backup plan and luckily I got to reject their offer in favour of Osgoode's.

• Like 8