jrfyfe

Accepted to Osgoode 2019

Ryn

A reminder that accepted threads are for posting your stats only and for brief questions related to the stats that someone posted (e.g., asking for L2). Off-topic posts will be deleted. 

Message added by Ryn

20 hours ago, bblack said:

In queue November 20, Accepted December 11

LSAT 162
CGPA 3.54 (L2 3.85-ish, strong upward trend from 1st to 4th year)

I suppose likely strong LORs, ECs, about 4 years of relevant work/research experience. I'm surprised but ecstatic to get an offer so early!

Access or general? 

6 minutes ago, thedraper said:

Access or general?

General, although I sighted equity as a consideration relevant to my application. 
I don't believe Osgoode has an actual "Access" category, only a General and an Indigenous. Could be wrong though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I imagined I would have heard through e-mail first. I was stunned to happen upon an offer of admission posted on both OLSAS and OASIS which has been sitting there for a week now.

Went into queue Dec. 3rd, received offer of admission Dec. 11th.

OLSAS CGPA: 3.52 L2: 3.89 LSAT: 166/168.

MA

Submitted Part B (Performance Considerations) with medical documentation.

Still can't believe it.

• Like 3

That feeling when you have a couple of festive soda-pops with the lads, only to come home a little wobbly-legged, log-in to OASIS and realize that you've been accepted to Osgoode!

Not sure if it's the excitement or the beer, but I'm gonna go wake up all my neighbours now.  

Mature Student
cGPA: 3.33 (from false-start 20 years ago)
L2: 3.96
LSAT: 167
Softs: University Senate, volunteer work, novelist, dad

• Like 10

In today! 

Category: General (filled out part B)

cgpa: (as calculated by OLSAS) 3.75

LSAT: (July) 148 (September) 148 (November) 156.

Strong LORs and extra curriculars.

Congratulations everyone and good luck to those still waiting! 

• Like 7

Accepted Dec. 17.

cgpa: 2.87

LSAT: 166

Professional engineer with 8 years experience in oil and gas. Solid references and several long term EC’s in the community.

Honestly, I am a little surprised to hear back when I did considering the low cgpa. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, HopefulLawStudent1 said:

Accepted this morning! 

CGPA: 3.73

LSAT: 154 

Congrats! Did you get email? or did you check through the Oasis? 

11 minutes ago, Lawyeredup1997 said:

Accepted this morning

CGPA: 3.74

LSAT: 155

Congratulations, when did you go into the queue?

Accepted this morning -  I am so surprised, based on my LSAT, and am giddy from excitement. Was planning to rewrite in a few weeks specifically to up my chances with Osgoode. 

3.7 GPA

160 LSAT

Lots of ECs including a practicum at a women's law clinic and working throughout my whole undergrad. Presumably good RLs. Did not fill out part B. 

Pretty sure I'll be accepting :)  

• Like 2

Received the email this morning :) I was crying for a good 30 minutes. I still can't believe it. 

Stats:

CGPA: 3.5 

L2: 3.74 

LSAT: 153, 161 (November) 

ECs: president of an academic student club, Human Resources Internship, Lots of volunteering at different charities, + very unique life experience back in my country so I had a  very strong personal statement. 

It is true, Osgoode's admission process is holistic. / Feel free to message me if you had any questions!

** does anyone know if there is an FB group for those accepted?**

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Lawyeredup1997 said:

Accepted this morning

CGPA: 3.74

LSAT: 155

58 minutes ago, Lawyeredup1997 said:

Went into queue on November 15 

Did you fill out part B?

I went into queue the same day.