TheBloodOrange

An unexpectedly low average. (Panicking)

Hi y'all

So, OLSAS has released my average to my application portal (MyUWindsor). But it's much lower than I thought it would be. I have 2 years of grades from one undergrad. institution amounting to 2.69 (via Ryn's Predictor Calculator), with 3 years of grades (last 3) amounting to 3.82 (via Ryn's Predictor Calculator). Overall, I was expecting to be somewhere around 3.0 or 3.1. But my average has just come out as a 2.5 cumulative. How can this possibly be? I know I didn't make any mistakes in my calculations. Has anyone run into this before; should I be worried? My LSAT is on the low side (155), and my L3 as a noted (3.82; 3.77 L2). But my ECs, LORs and Personal Statement responses were strong IMO.

Best,

Orange

Is Windsor the only school you applied to?

Your L2 and B3 are strong. You should apply to L2,B2 and B3 school. Did you get a degree during these 5 years?

Is the OLSAS GPA was for both universities combined?  you  have 2 years from one university and 3 years from the other? 

2.5 cumulative (GPA) is quite impossible unless you have taken more than 5 years or your GPA from first university was way lower than 2.69. 

However, your 155 LSAT is not competitive. Are you consider writing Jan LSAT?.

22 hours ago, TheBloodOrange said:

Hi y'all

So, OLSAS has released my average to my application portal (MyUWindsor). But it's much lower than I thought it would be. I have 2 years of grades from one undergrad. institution amounting to 2.69 (via Ryn's Predictor Calculator), with 3 years of grades (last 3) amounting to 3.82 (via Ryn's Predictor Calculator). Overall, I was expecting to be somewhere around 3.0 or 3.1. But my average has just come out as a 2.5 cumulative. How can this possibly be? I know I didn't make any mistakes in my calculations. Has anyone run into this before; should I be worried? My LSAT is on the low side (155), and my L3 as a noted (3.82; 3.77 L2). But my ECs, LORs and Personal Statement responses were strong IMO.

Best,

Orange

where did you find your olsas gpa?

If that is your official OLSAS calculation and it’s so off, I’d be curious to know why as well. Generally speaking, my calculator has been reasonably accurate, so it may be worth looking into what they used to come up with those numbers. Assuming you included everything in my calculator, unless something is wrong with how I did things specific to your situation, they may have made a mistake. It’s rare but it happens. I’d confirm. 

Let me know if it does turn out to be my app. 

Hey everyone!

Thanks for your comments. As to where I saw this value, I found when I clicked on my application in my MyUWindsor portal. The value was labelled "Law Admission Average".

Ryn - your calculator is bang on. I even had a statistics professor of mine review my statistics manually to confirm the value. No worries there.

Perplexed, I called OLSAS to ask them about it. Their answer was: "We have no idea what that number is - we haven't released any averages yet. They'll be coming out in December." I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens with it. False alarm, I guess? This process will surely have me on edge until the end of May. But thanks for the response folks.

- Orange